All awards are available to faculty at all campuses.
DISTINGUISHED UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR
The Distinguished University Professor award recognizes senior faculty members who have distinguished themselves among their peers both within and outside the University. The title is awarded through a process of nomination and external peer review and identifies those holding it as outstanding members of their profession.
- Dr. Thomas Unnasch: Onchocerciasis Elimination – Is the end in sight for an NTD?
- Dr. Susan Bell: Using a Seascape Approach to Study Resiliency of Marine Ecosystems
- Dr. Timothy Dixon: Improving Earthquake and Tsunami Forecasts in Subduction Zones
- Dr. V. Mark Durand: Understanding and Treating Severe Behavior Problems in Persons with Autism and Related Disorders
- Dr. Kathleen M. Heide: Young Killers: The Challenge of Juvenile Homicide
- Dr. Maureen Groer - A Career Devoted to Biobehavioral Research
- Dr. William E. Haley - The Effects of Family Caregiving for Older Adults on Mental and Physical Health: A 40-Year Research Adventure
Emeritus/Emerita status may be conferred upon retirement from USF to faculty and to senior administrators, as recognition of honorable service to the university.
FACULTY HONORS AND AWARDS RECEPTION
This event occurs each year and recognizes the success of USF faculty.
- Awardee Recognition 2021
- Awardee Recognition 2020
- Awardee Recognition 2019
- Awardee Recognition 2018
- Awardee Recognition 2017
FACULTY SENATE AWARDS
The USF Faculty Senate manages multiple faculty awards, including: the Distinguished Service Award, Jerome Krivanek Distinguished Teacher Award, Theodore and Venette Askounes-Ashford Distinguished Scholar Award, Kosove Undergrad Teaching and Service Award, and the Kosove Graduate Teaching and Service Award.
Innovation in Online Design and Teaching Award
The Award for Innovation in Online Design and Teaching recognizes exceptional online teaching practices and significant contributions to the design, development, and delivery of student-centered online teaching and learning.
OUTSTANDING COMMUNITY ENGAGED TEACHING AWARD
The Outstanding Community Engaged Teaching Awards recognize excellence, innovation and effectiveness in teaching that demonstrates community collaboration, institutional impact, and deeply engaged, high-quality teaching. See how other USF faculty have incorporated community engagement in their teaching and research.
Outstanding Faculty awards
We proudly celebrate those who have been recognized by the most prestigious organizations and who have most recently been selected as USF Distinguished Professors.
OUTSTANDING LIBRARY FACULTY AWARDS
The Outstanding Library Faculty Award provides recognition to a member of the general faculty of the USF Libraries who demonstrates superior achievement in their professional duties, their research and creative activity, and in their service to the university, profession, or community.
OUTSTANDING UNDERGRADUATE TEACHING & ADVISING
The goal of the Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching & Advising (OUTA) program is to encourage excellence in teaching and advising at the undergraduate level. Please see the links below for guidelines.
Due to the consolidation of the three campuses, some awards have been combined or discontinued in order to represent OneUSF. Please use the links below to view the past awardees:
- Chancellor’s Award - Excellence in Civic and Community Engagement
- Chancellor's Award - Excellence in Teaching
- College Teacher of the Year
- Chancellor's Award - Excellence Clinical Faculty Teaching
- Chancellor's Award - Global Engagement
- Chancellor's Award - Excellence in Service
- Chancellor's Award - Excellence in Research and Creative Scholarship
- Chancellor's Award - Excellence for Academic Services Faculty