Student Guide to Waitlists
During registration, after a course section has reached its maximum enrollment limit, the waitlist option will become available. Waitlists are closed and cleared at noon the Thursday before classes begin. Once waitlists are cleared, you may only register for sections that have seats available.
- In order to add yourself to a waitlist, you must select “Waitlist” from the pull-down menu on Oasis. Don’t forget to click “Submit Changes”.
- The system will not override time conflicts. Therefore, if you are registered for a class that already exists for that time slot, you will not be allowed to waitlist the class.
- Once you become the first person on the waitlist, you will receive an automatic e-mail notification letting you know you can register for the course in Banner when a seat becomes available.
- You must register for the course within 24 clock hours of the e-mail notification. Otherwise, you will be dropped from the waitlist and the next person will move to the top of the list.
- If you no longer wish to be on the waitlist, you must drop the course through Oasis using the Drop/Add menu.
A few important notes:
- You must meet all prerequisite, co-requisite, and registration requirements to be eligible to waitlist.
- You may not waitlist a course if you’re currently registered for another section of the same course.
- Being on a waitlist does not guarantee registration for the class. It is recommended that you register for an alternate class in case the course never becomes available to you. Waitlists are regularly monitored by the Office of the Registrar and students are regularly dropped from waitlists when they are registered in another section of the same course to help the University track and ensure course demand for on-time graduation.
- Students on a waitlist for existing sections of a course are not notified when a new section is added to the schedule, therefore you are encouraged to regularly search for new sections.
Please Note: Courses with a waitlist can appear to have an open seat, and while there is technically an open seat, that seat is reserved for the next person on the list. For this reason: do not drop a course for which you are registered until you know for sure there is a seat available in the course.
Not all classes offer waitlists. Each college is responsible for determining if their class offerings should have a waitlist or not. Once a course is full, you may select “Waitlist” from the registration options in Oasis. For courses with no waitlist available, you will need to check regularly for possible openings.
There are a limited number of seats available for a waitlist, so if all positions are filled, you will be unable to add yourself to the list until a seat opens up.
Waitlisted classes do NOT count towards your enrolled hours. If your financial aid requires full-time enrollment, be sure you have enough credits without counting waitlisted classes.
Yes, any type of hold that prevents registration will prohibit you from using the waitlist function.
It depends on how currently enrolled students adjust their schedules and if they drop your requested class. When a student does enroll from the waitlist, the waitlist position numbers are re-sequenced, and you will see your position number change. You should monitor your progress on the waitlist, and if your position doesn't change significantly, you should consider other class options.
Waitlists are only available once the class is full. For high-demand classes, this may be the first day of registration or, for other classes, as late as the week before the term begins.
Yes, the class will remain closed and each student on the waitlist will be given an opportunity to register in priority order. Waitlists are closed and cleared at noon the Thursday before classes begin. Once waitlists are cleared, you may only register for sections that have seats available.