Assess your Academic Wellness
Are you thriving in your academic life? Do you engage in creative and mentally challenging activities and look for ways to expand your horizons through cultural, artistic or new perspectives?
Read the following statements and answer to yourself how much each statement reflects you.
- I am curious and interested in the communities, as well as the world around me.
- I search for learning opportunities and stimulating mental activities.
- I manage my time well rather than it managing me.
- I enjoy brainstorming and sharing knowledge with others in group projects or tasks.
- I enjoy learning about subjects other than those I am required to study in my field of work.
- I seek opportunities to learn practical skills to help others.
- I can critically consider the opinions and information presented by others and provide constructive feedback.
- I attend class on a regular basis.
- I go to class prepared and ready to learn.
- I can identify on my own when my usual study techniques are not adequate.
If you answer “sometimes,” “rarely,” or “never” for any of the statements, there is room for improvement. You can check out these campus resources for help.
I am interested in...
1. Academic Advising
Academic advisors can help you schedule your classes and help make sure you have met your requirements. Click below to schedule an appointment.
2. Disputing My Grade
Do you feel as if you have been graded unfairly and your and your professor can't reach a solution? The Ombuds Office hears your concerns and guides you through options.
3. Getting Better Grades
Do YOU want better grades? Of course! Getting good grades is what every student should strive for. Here are some resources to help.
4. Improving Study Habits
Do you feel confident going into a test but still perform poorly? If so, you might need help in test preparation. Learn helpful study tips below.
5. Library Resources
The USF Tampa Library offers great services and resources such as study rooms, workshops, and equipment checkouts. To see all of the resources, visit the library website below.
6. The Academic Calendar
If you would like to see relevant academic dates, click below.
7. The Different Colleges At USF
If you want more information about a department at USF, please select from the list below.
8. Academic Goal Setting
Do you have short- or long-term academic goals that you'd like to reach? Do you feel unsure about how to establish of maintain behaviors that help you reach those goals? If so, working with a Success and Wellness Coach can help you develop a plan and strategies to meet your goals.
Self-Assessment provided by:
Princeton UMatter Initiative. (2016). Princeton UMatter Wellness Self-Assessment. Retrieved from https://umatter.princeton.edu/sites/umatter/files/media/princeton-umatter-wellness-self-assessment.pdf