How to Use Our Resources
USF Health and Wellness is here to support all aspects of your wellbeing, including your mental and physical health, nutrition, exercise, and building healthy social relationships. We know you have a lot to juggle, and we want to help you be your best and excel in all areas of your life.
Find resources by campus:
Click the list below or scroll to find out how to stay well this Spring with our services and resources.
- Health Services
- Recreation and Wellness
- Victim Advocacy Services
- Counseling and Mental Health Services
- Health Education and Promotion
- Resources, Guides, and Information
- SHS is offering pre-scheduled virtual video consultations for Student Health Services' most popular services: general medicine, sexual health consultations, psychiatry, dermatology, and nutrition counseling. Call 813.445.4976 or 813.974.2331 to schedule your video visit.
- Student Health Services on the Tampa campus will be limiting the numer of students in their Medical Clinic, Immunization and Insurance Annex, and Marshall Student Center Pharmacy through pre-scheduling appointments.
- Student Health Services will maximize social distancing by reducing patient wait or large groups in their waiting room. Students will go directly from check-in to the exam room.
- Call ahead 813-974-2331 to make sure there aren’t herds in the clinic, Annex, or pharmacy.
- Student Health Services will continue to provide free on-site medical interventions at Residence Halls and campus buildings with Medical Response Unit 813.974.4678
Stay up-to-date with our Recreation and Wellness Services.
Recreation and Wellness across all campuses is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment. Please play your part and remember some of these key points as you return to our facilities. Learn about participant expectations, Recreation and Wellness's reservation system, and new entry requirements HERE.
In-person Group Fitness classes are back, and we have an expanded line-up of sport and fitness programming coming soon. Masks are still required at all times when using our facilities. Reservations are required at the REC and FIT.
Victim Advocacy Services
- Victim Advocates provides free and confidential services to USF students, faculty,
and staff who have experienced crime, violence, or abuse, on or off campus. We serve
all gender identities and sexual orientations.
- The role of an advocate is to provide support, explore options, and assist the client with any advocacy needs they may have. Immediate appointments are available via Microsoft Teams for individuals with urgent advocacy needs. These needs may include serious safety concerns, sexual violence within the last 120 hours, or immediate assistance with filing a report.
Violence Prevention trainings and workshops will all be held online via Microsoft Teams. We host ongoing open discussions, workshops and trainings for the entire USF community! Check out our calendar of events here.
- We also have open monthly workshops on Bystander Intervention and Consent:
Want to get involved in preventing violence on campus? Learn how here!
Counseling and Mental Health Services
- Counseling services are available on all three campuses to support your mental wellness.
- All routine and urgent Counseling Center services are provided by confidential and secure videoconference. The Counseling Center remains committed to providing essential mental health services focused on building skills so that students can cope effectively with mental health concerns. On-campus spaces are available for students to meet via videoconference with their counselor if needed.
- The Counseling Center offers individual and group counseling (including same day appointments), drop-in groups and discussion forums designed for particular issues or concerns. Twenty-four-hour emergency support is available by calling 813.974.2831.
- Please visit our website at www.usf.edu/counsel for more information on our services, group descriptions and schedules, and how to make an appointment for counseling. Videoconference appointments are available to students living in Florida.
Health Education and Promotion
- Be on the lookout for engaging virtual programming brought to you by the Center for Student Well-Being. Topics include: stress management, sleep, sexual health, alcohol education, healthy relationships, animal therapy, cold/flu/coronavirus prevention, and much more!
- Virtual Health Education and Events: Watch Wellness USF’s social media account to play trivia, watch videos on stress management and sleep, as well as connect with our department.
Is it the stigma? The time? USF TAO provides online and mobile tools to help you conquer day-to-day struggles.
Feed-A-Bull is a confidential Tampa campus food pantry initiative spearheaded by Student Health Services and Feeding America Tampa Bay. Feed-A-Bull is available to students enrolled on the USF Tampa campus. It was created to address food insecurity by providing supplemental food to students in need, as well as education and resources to students related to purchasing and preparing balanced food on a budget.
Find more resources HERE