Rocky the Bull
Rocky the Bull got his start as a toy idea for the USF Bookstore in 1965. The first Rocky was drawn as a cartoon rendition for USF Athletics to use in their newsletters.
- Rocky's image was first trademarked in 1974.
- He was re-designed in 1986.
- Today's Rocky was unveiled in 2003.
- His birthday is celebrated during USF Week with a bash that includes free cake, give-a-ways, music, and more.
- Rocky won the 2013 Capital One Mascot of the Year Award. He finished the competition with a perfect record, the first-ever mascot to accomplish that feat.