University of South Florida ’s accreditation is reaffirmed every ten years by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
To be accredited and reaffirmed, the University must demonstrate compliance with the SACSCOC Principles of Accreditation and prepare three distinct sets of documents that are as follows:
- A Compliance Certification Report (CCR) documenting USF’s compliance with the Principles of Accreditation;
- A brief overview/executive summary of the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP), and
- An Institutional Summary Form (ISF) and Substantive Change history.
Reaffirmation of accreditation by the Commission on Colleges involves extensive evaluation of compliance by off-site peer review, an onsite review, and review by the Commission’s Board of Trustees.
For further information, please visit USF’s institutional accreditation website.
|September 2022||Establish USF Accreditation Steering Committee|
|September 2022||Establish USF Accreditation Core and Functional Teams|
|Fall 2022||Finalize Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) Topic|
|December 2022||Orientation Session for Steering Committee Members|
|January 2023 – March 2024||Compile Compliance Certification Report (CCR)|
|March 4, 2024||Internal/External Review of CCR, QEP, and ISF|
|September 6, 2024||Submit CCR, QEP, and ISF to SACSCOC|
|July 2024- August 2024||Compile Institutional Summary Form|
|Fall 2024||Plan On-Site Visit/SACSCOC Off-Site Committee Reviews|
|February 18-20, 2025||SACSCOC On-Site Visit & QEP Defense|
|December 2025||Reaffirmation by SACSCOC|
For all questions related to USF’s 2025 Reaffirmation, please contact email@example.com.
USF Accreditation Steering Committee
USF’s Accreditation Steering Committee is responsible for producing the documents required for reaccreditation by SACSCOC.
- Dr. Theresa Chisolm, Vice Provost for Strategic Planning, Performance and Accountability (Chair)
- Richard Sobieray, Senior Vice President, Financial Strategy and Administrative Services and CFO
- Dr. Tricia Penniecook, Interim VP, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Dr. Cynthia DeLuca, VP, Student Success
- Paige Beles Geers, Chief of Staff, Office of the President
- Jodi Adamchak, Office of General Counsel Representative
- Dr. Jennifer Lewis, QEP Director
- Dr. Allison Crume, Dean, UG Studies
- Dean Todd Chavez, Dean, USF Libraries
- Chancellor Christian Hardigree, USF St. Petersburg campus
- Dr. Brett Kemker, USF Sarasota-Manatee campus
- Dr. Javier Cuevas, USF Health
- Dr. Scott Besley, Faculty Senate Representative
- Carole Post, VP, Facilities & Public Safety Operations
- Dr. Robert Bishop, Dean, College of Engineering University, Council of Deans
- Dr. Christopher Combie, Accreditation Liaison (Ex officio)
- Cynthia Brown Hernandez, Deputy Accreditation Liaison (Ex officio)
- Mary Kuka-Marchese, USF 2025 Reaffirmation Project Manager (Ex officio)
USF Accreditation Functional Team
- Dr. Theresa Chisolm, Vice Provost for Strategic Planning, Performance and Accountability
- Dr. Christopher Combie, Accreditation Liaison
- Cynthia Brown Hernandez, Deputy Accreditation Liaison
- Mary Kuka-Marchese, USF 2025 Reaffirmation Project Manager
- Brandis Baines-Waiz, Academic Compliance Analyst
- Joseph Boyd, Assistant Director, Program Review & Faculty Affairs
- Rebecca Gibbons, Assistant Director, Accreditation/Regulatory Compliance & Assessment
- Logan Feinberg, Assessment & Compliance Analyst
Learn more about USF’s institutional accreditation.
Creation date: 11/16/2022; Last updated: 11/16/2022
This webpage is monitored frequently. Dates will only change if there are changes/edits to the content on this page.