Accreditation of the University of South Florida is reaffirmed every ten years by the Southern Association of Colleges and School Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), USF’s institutional accreditor. The reaffirmation process requires USF to demonstrate compliance with SACSCOC Principles of Accreditation.
- SACSCOC Accreditation Statement
- 2021 Post-Consolidation Continuation of Accreditation
- 2021 Post-Consolidation Site Visit Committee Report
- SACSCOC Documentation for Post-Consolidation Site Visit on January 26-28, 2021
- 2020 SACSCOC Approval of Consolidation Letter
- 2016 SACSCOC Reaffirmation of Accreditation Letter
- 2015 Reaffirmation Report to SACSCOC
SACSCOC is the recognized regional accrediting body in the eleven U.S. Southern states and in Latin America for those institutions of higher education that award associate, baccalaureate, master's or doctoral degrees.
- SACSCOC Website
- SACSCOC FAQ
- Principles of Accreditation
- Resource Manual for The Principles of Accreditation
- Integrity Statement
The establishment of an off-campus educational site is governed by BOG and USF policy. In addition, the process must be reviewed in reference to the SACSCOC policy on Substantive Change.
Accredited institutions are required to notify SACSCOC of changes in accordance with the substantive change policy and, when required, seek approval prior to the initiation of changes.