Academic Program Review
In accordance with Regulation 8.015, the BOG requires the cyclic review of all academic degree programs in State universities at least every seven years. Programs with specialized accreditation that include external reviews may substitute that process for the purpose of program review in addition to the specialized program self-study template below, which captures items required for annual reporting to the BOG.
The results of the program reviews are expected to inform strategic planning, program development, and budgeting decisions at the university level and, when appropriate at the state level.
ACADEMIC PROGRAM REVIEW PROCESS AND PROCEDURE
The USF Program Review Procedures provide a description of the Academic Program Review process and guidelines for the reports that are required for the review.
- USF Policy 10-062
- Guidelines for Academic Program Review
- Program Review Orientation (Slides)
- Academic Program Review Timeline
Forms & Templates
- Review Type Request Form
- Undergraduate Program Self Study Template
- Graduate Program Self Study Template
- Department Self Study Template
- Dean's Report Template
- Itinerary Template - Template 1 (Opening Lunch); Template 2 (Opening Dinner)
- Board of Governors Executive Summary Report Template
- Request for Extension of Time for Program Review
External Reviewer Information
PROGRAM REVIEW DATA & RESOURCES
- Access to Post-Graduation Outcomes Data About Your Graduates
- Access to Student Satisfaction Data From Your Graduates
Inquiries regarding the Academic Program Review process should be directed to Institutional Effectiveness Staff.
Joe Boyd, M.A.
Assistant Director, Program Review & Faculty Affairs
St. Petersburg campus
Scheduling & Logistics
Jonna K. DeSantis, M.B.A
Academic Program Review Administrator