MS in Business Analytics / Information Systems (MS/BAIS)
New Student Information
- Welcome! We'll be posting a New Student document with registration information as we get closer to the fall term. This includes information on removing holds, coursework selection and registration processes.
- We receive many questions about scholarships and graduate assistant positions. As
you probably realize, at U.S. universities there are relatively few graduate scholarships
available. Most graduate students fund their tuition privately or receive a GA /TA
position on-campus. We have a bit of information about these positions in our faq
page (http://www.usf.edu/business/graduate/masters/bais/faq.aspx), in the ‘Finances’ area. When we are accepting applications for GA positions, I’ll
email all current and incoming students. If you are an international student, you'll
need to send a copy of your visa for USF before you can be considered for a position.
Note: there are few positions compared to the number of applications received. PLEASE,
do not contact individual faculty members or our department chair about GA positions,
all GA hiring is centralized.
- As you probably realize, there are 3 technical and 3 business prerequisites for our
program (see http://www.usf.edu/business/graduate/masters/bais/faq.aspx). If you plan to attend USF, you can request a prerequisite review by emailing me
(firstname.lastname@example.org) with your USF U number and I'll do your prerequisite check.
- We recommend that you arrive the week before classes begin, as we often have boot
camps and an orientation session. Classes start on August 24. Our orientation will
be the week before.
When we have all of the dates set, you'll using this link. Note: if you plan to attend USF but cannot attend orientation, you'll still register for the event and note your inability to attend in the 'Expected Date of Arrival' area. Registering for orientation lets us know you plan to attend USF and helps us prepare for your arrival.
- Contact a current student? Our list is still being built, but if interested, the following students welcome your questions: Abhinav at email@example.com, Rushikesh at firstname.lastname@example.org, Anuradha at email@example.com and Praveenkumar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Please contact Barb Warner via email at email@example.com