MS in Business Analytics / Information Systems (MS/BAIS)
New Student Information
- COVID-19 Update: We appreciate and share your concern about the fall 2020. We are working with the College of Business, University administration and International Student Services to develop options for the fall 2020, spring 2021 and fall 2021 starting terms. When these options are finalized, we'll let everyone know via email and this web page. At a minimum, students who need to defer to the spring 2021 term will be accommodated (email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, as needed). We will also accept deferment requests for fall 2021, however, consideration for fall 2021 admission will be made along with the review of the new fall applications received. We will take make these fall 2021 admission decisions in early 2021.
- We'll be posting a New Student document with registration information as we get closer
to the fall term. This includes information on removing holds, coursework selection
and registration processes.
- When it's time to register for fall classes, all new students will have registration holds in place. International students can send a copy of their visa for USF (at email@example.com) and I'll remove the hold. Domestic students can just send an email noting that they are local and don't need a visa.
- We receive many questions about scholarships and graduate assistant positions. As
you probably realize, at U.S. universities there are relatively few graduate scholarships
available. Most graduate students fund their tuition privately or receive a GA /TA
position on-campus. We have a bit of information about these positions in our faq
page (http://www.usf.edu/business/graduate/masters/bais/faq.aspx), in the ‘Finances’ area. When we are accepting applications for GA positions, I’ll
email all current and incoming students. If you are an international student, you'll
need to send a copy of your visa for USF before you can be considered for a position.
Note: there are few positions compared to the number of applications received. PLEASE,
do not contact individual faculty members or our department chair about GA positions,
all GA hiring is centralized.
- As you probably realize, there are 3 technical and 3 business prerequisites for our
program (see http://www.usf.edu/business/graduate/masters/bais/faq.aspx). If you plan to attend USF, you can request a prerequisite review by emailing me
(firstname.lastname@example.org) with your USF U number and I'll do your prerequisite check.
- We recommend that you arrive the week before classes begin, as we have events scheduled
that week. Classes start on Monday, August 24.
- Monday - Wednesday, August 17-19, 9am-4pm, Python Boot Camp.
- Thursday, August 20, 9am-noon, Orientation. Please sign up using using this registration link. Note: if you plan to attend USF but cannot attend orientation, you'll still register
for the event and note your inability to attend in the 'Expected Date of Arrival'
text area. Registering for orientation confirms that you plan to join the MS BAIS program and
helps us prepare for your arrival. No further confirmation is required by the Office of Graduate Admissions or USF.
- More questions? Starting 3/19, Prof. Jones and/or I will be holding online chat
sessions on Thursdays from 12pm - 1pm (EST). Please use this link to join us.
- Contact a current student? Our list is still being built, but if interested, the following students welcome your questions: Abhinav at email@example.com, Rushikesh at firstname.lastname@example.org, Anuradha at email@example.com and Praveenkumar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Questions? Please contact Barb Warner via email at email@example.com