International Student Health Insurance
To see if you have a Student Insurance (SI) Hold, click here for a review guide.
To remove the SI hold for Spring 2024:
Complete the Agreement Form by clicking here
Allow 24 business hours for the hold to be removed
International students have the option to enroll in the USF sponsored health insurance plan (SHIP) through Academic HealthPlans (AHP) OR waive out with an adequate alternative policy before January 8, 2024.
To activate your enrollment in the USF SHIP underwritten by Aetna, you will need to pay the premium directly through OASIS no later than January 12, 2024.
- Visit usf.mycare26.com to review the 2023-2024 SHIP brochure
- If you are working as an eligible GA/RA/TA, click here
USF SHIP features comprehensive coverage exceeding health insurance requirements.
|Spring/Summer (1/1/24 - 8/16/24)||$1,967|
To waive/opt out of USF SHIP, you need to wait to receive an email from AHP (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 3-5 business days of submitting the Insurance Agreement form. This email will have the link to activate your account and upload proof of your alternative policy for review.
AHP will start accepting alternative policies on November 15, 2023 and continue to review policies until midnight on Monday January 8, 2024.
If you miss the final deadline of January 8, 2024, you will be required to purchase
the USF SHIP for the Spring/Summer semester.
Students under an F or J visa
Have your health insurance company complete the USF Insurance Compliance (Waiver) form and submit it to AHP, along with the front and back of your insurance card for review no later than January 8, 2024
- Returning students cannot have a gap in coverage; you are required to have continuous health insurance coverage.
- Your policy must provide coverage for the entire academic year, even if you are planning to graduate and/or leave the country.
Students under a non-F or J visa
You must submit a copy of the front and back of your health insurance card to AHP for review no later than January 8, 2024.
- You must have active health insurance for the entire semester.
Please note: the USF premium will not be removed from your OASIS account unless your
policy meets the minimum requirements of the mandate and is officially approved by
AHP and USF. In the meantime, when paying tuition and fees, subtract the insurance
premium from your total and pay the remaining amount. The insurance premium fee on
your account will not generate a late fee, if left unpaid
If you are experiencing issues with uploading proof of your alternative policy, please contact Academic HealthPlans (AHP) at (888) 896-5797 or click here.
- DACA students may attach a copy of their current Notice of Action I-797 to the agreement form
- Sponsored students may attach a copy of their sponsorship letter and/or health insurance card to the agreement form.
Click here for some frequently asked questions.
Click here for commonly used insurance terms.
Fax: (813) 974-8910
TAMPA OFFICE HOURS MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY FROM 8AM TO 5PM
PHONE LINES AVAILABLE MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY FROM 10AM TO 4PM