Plan & Market Events
The Phyllis P. Marshall Student Center provides space in the Atrium for registered student organizations and university departments to have banners hung promoting events held in the MSC. The director may use his/her discretion to approve banners promoting specific services.
Banners that do not meet the following criteria will not be hung:
- Banner promotes an event happening in the Marshall Student Center (must include the date/time/location of the event)
- Banners must be 8' wide x 4' high in size, be professionally made and constructed of fabric (preferred) or vinyl and have grommets every two feet, across the top, for hanging.
- Banner content must meet the goals of the MSC to create an environment of student engagement and community building.
- Banner space may be reserved a maximum of four (4) times per semester per organization/department, for seven (7) consecutive days per reservation.
- Banners will be hung on Friday afternoon, and taken down the following Friday. Special exemptions may be made for time sensitive banners.
- There must be at least one (1) week between requests for the same banner to be hung. Only one (1) banner per Student Organization/Department may hang in the MSC at any given time.
- The Marshall Student Center reserves the right to not hang a banner for any reason.
The banner request should be completed one week prior to desired date for hanging.
Contact MSC Marketing
Drop-off---Banners are to be dropped off to MSC 4100-Marketing at least one (1) day prior to the approved date for hanging but no more than one (1) week in advance. When dropping off a banner, attach a business card or note with the same contact information given during the submission request.
Pick-up---Banners must be retrieved no later than five (5) business days following the removal date. The -MSC is not responsible for banners left after 5 days. The MSC is also not responsible if banners are stolen or damaged while they are hanging in the building.
Banners Best Practices
- Keep the text concise.
- Make the text large in size to ensure readability from the atrium floor.
- Consider your target audience.
- Use eye-catching graphics and color to draw attention and stand out.
- Banners will be hung by the MSC staff only
- We do not accept requests for specific locations