Take the flu by the horns! Join us October 2, 2019 9:30am-2pm for our annual Fall Health Festival. Help USF defeat the flu as we compete against UCF, UF, and FSU to see which student body gets the most number of flu shots on this day.
Do your part and protect the herd!
Starting October 3, flu shots are available by appointment Monday thru Friday, 8am -12pm and 2pm – 3pm. Call 813-974-2331 to schedule an appointment. All Bulls are encouraged to get the flu shot so they're prepared for cold and flu season.
STUDENTS: You will not have to pay out of pocket for your flu shot. The flu shot is included with tuition.
STAFF & FACULTY: The flu shot is covered 100% by most insurance policies. The self-pay cost is $25
for high deductible
plans and OPS staff without insurance.
Flu Shot Myths
- Flu shots will give you the flu.
- FALSE... the vaccine contains the dead flu virus... it is dead.... It cannot infect you.
- Vaccines are dangerous.
- FALSE... Vaccines are, arguably, the greatest medical advance in history. They've prevented more illness and death than any treatment.
- It's after November; it's too late to get a flu shot.
- FALSE... There are plenty of vaccines left, and the flu stays around through March, so you still have plenty of time to protect yourself.
- I got the vaccine last year, so I am protected.
- FALSE... Each year there are new strains of the flu virus and the vaccine needs to change to keep up.
By arming yourself with a flu shot you are protecting yourself and those around you. Watch Rocky get his flu shot in this short video.