Take the flu by the horns and join us for our annual Fall Festival on Wednesday, October 3, 2018. From 9:30-2 students can receive FREE flu shots and STI testing with food, games, drawings, and giveaways.
Beginning October 4, 2018, flu shots are available by appointment Monday through Friday, 8 am to 12:00 pm and 2 pm – 3 pm. Call 813-974-2331 to schedule an appointment. All Bulls are encouraged to get the flu shot before the winter break so they're prepared for cold and flu season.
STUDENTS: You will not have to pay out of pocket for your flu shot. The flu shot is included with tuition.
STAFF & FACULTY: The flu shot is covered 100% by most insurance policies. The self-pay cost is $25
for high deductible
plans and OPS staff without insurance.
Flu Shot Myths
- Flu shots will give you the flu.
- FALSE... the vaccine contains the dead flu virus... it is dead.... It cannot infect you.
- Vaccines are dangerous.
- FALSE... Vaccines are, arguably, the greatest medical advance in history. They've prevented more illness and death than any treatment.
- It's after November; it's too late to get a flu shot.
- FALSE... There are plenty of vaccines left, and the flu stays around through March, so you still have plenty of time to protect yourself.
- I got the vaccine last year, so I am protected.
- FALSE... Each year there are new strains of the flu virus and the vaccine needs to change to keep up.
By arming yourself with a flu shot you are protecting yourself and those around you.