Advanced Standing MSW Admissions
If you wish to apply for admission to our program, please follow the guidelines outlined below. All admission materials are to be sent to USF Graduate Admissions. Early submission of all application materials is strongly recommended.
Gaining admission to the MSW program is a competitive process. Applicants who meet the minimum criteria will not necessarily be accepted into the program due to space limitations. Each applicant to a graduate program at the University of South Florida is required to meet the following minimum requirements.
The advanced standing program is offered on campus and online. Students qualify by receiving "B-" or better grades in all the undergraduate social work courses. (Students do not qualify with any grade below "B-" in these courses). Both the full- and part-time options are heavily sequenced and students must stay in sequence"
An applicant must have a Bachelor's degree in social work from a regionally accredited institution* and satisfying both of the following criteria:
- Minimum "B-" grade or better in all undergraduate social work courses. Grades below
"B-" do not
qualify. Both the full- and part-time options are heavily sequenced and students must stay in sequence.
- Minimum "B" (3.0) overall GPA.
* The Advanced Standing MSW program requires that all applicants have a BSW degree
from a Council on
Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited program within five years from the term of entry.
NOTE: "B" average is equivalent to a 3.0 GPA
All Admission materials must be received by the USF Graduate Admissions by the specified deadlines of the year for which admission is being sought.
Applicants are required to apply to USF Admissions and the USF School of Social Work. The procedures and required materials are outlined below.
USF GRADUATE ADMISSIONS APPLICATION
If you have any questions regarding the Graduate School application, call (813) 974-3350 or send an e-mail to email@example.com You can also visit the USF Graduate Admissions website here: http://www.usf.edu/admissions/contact-us/
2. One official transcript of all undergraduate & graduate coursework attempted and/or completed
Send to: USF Office of Graduate Admissions
4202 E. Fowler Ave. SVC 1036
Tampa, FL 33620-2910
SCHOOL OF SOCIAL WORK APPLICATION
1. Please complete the form for the campus that you are applying to and upload to your USF Graduate Admissions application:
Note: You will need to complete all forms using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader. Adobe Reader is free. Download here
2. References: Applicants to the MSW Program are required to submit three references. References should include at least one academic source and one professional source (preferably from a human services experience), and an additional source of either type. However, applicants who are unable to obtain an academic reference may substitute a work (volunteer or paid) or a personal reference. Personal References DO NOT Include Relatives
*The letter of recommendation should be sent to your references. Once filled out it is to be uploaded to your USF Graduate Admissions application.
5. A personal interview with members of the faculty may be part of the admissions process. This interview will cover all matters relevant to the candidate's qualifications. Arrangements may be made for the interview to be held elsewhere when traveling distance poses a hardship for the applicant.
6. Submit a copy of your undergraduate field internship evaluation.
Send to: USF School of Social Work
c/o MSW Admissions Chair
13301 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., MHC 1400
Tampa, FL 33612
8. Early submission is strongly recommended. All credentials must be received by the Graduate Admissions Office prior to the deadline for applications to the Master of Social Work program.
Spring 2020 Full-Time Advanced Standing MSW Program: October 15, 2019
Summer 2020 Full-Time Advanced Standing MSW Program: February 15, 2020
All program inquiries should be directed to the School of Social Work at 813-974-2063 or Send an email.