Online Advanced Standing MSW Program Admissions
If you wish to apply for admission to our online program, please follow the guidelines outlined below. You will note that some materials are to be sent to the USF Graduate School, and some materials should be sent to USF Innovative Education. Early submission of all application materials is strongly recommended.
Gaining admission to the MSW program is a competitive process. Applicants who meet the minimum criteria will not necessarily be accepted into the program due to space limitations. Each applicant to a graduate program at the University of South Florida is required to meet the following minimum requirements.
The advanced standing program is offered on campus and online. Students qualify by receiving "B-" or better grades in all the undergraduate social work courses. (Students do not qualify with any grade below "B-" in these courses). Both the full- and part-time options are heavily sequenced and students must stay in sequence"
An applicant must have a Bachelor's degree in social work from a regionally accredited
institution* and satisfying both of the
- Minimum "B-" grade or better in all undergraduate social work courses. Grades below "B-" do not qualify. Both the full- and part-time options are heavily sequenced and students must stay in sequence.
- Minimum "B" (3.0) overall GPA.
* The Advanced Standing MSW program requires that all applicants have a BSW degree from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited program within five years from the term of entry.
NOTE: "B" average is equivalent to a 3.0 GPA
All Admission materials must be received by the Graduate Admissions Office and USF Innovative Education by the specified deadlines of the year for which admission is being sought.
1. Applicants are required to complete an online application.
2. Upload the following documents to your online application:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- MSW-AS Program Application
- 2 Essays:
- Internship Evaluation
- 3 References: Letter of Recommendation Form
References: Applicants to the MSW Program are required to submit three references. References should include at least one academic source and one professional source (preferably from a human services experience), and an additional source of either type. However, applicants who are unable to obtain an academic reference may substitute a work (volunteer or paid) or a personal reference. Personal References DO NOT Include Relatives
3. Mail an official transcript of all undergraduate & graduate coursework attempted
and/or completed to:
USF Office of Graduate Admissions
4202 E. Fowler Ave. SVC 1036
Tampa, FL 33620-2910
Please note: A personal interview with members of the faculty may be part of the admissions process. This interview will cover all matters relevant to the candidate's qualifications. Arrangements may be made for the interview to be held elsewhere when traveling distance poses a hardship for the applicant.
Early submission is strongly recommended. All credentials must be received prior to the deadline (February 15).
Summer 2020 Full-time and Part-time Advanced Standing On-Line Program: February 15,
To request more information on the Online Advanced Standing MSW Program click here or contact Karina Acevedo at 813-974-9416 or via e-mail email@example.com