How to Apply
International Non-Degree Seeking Application Process
Deadlines are as follows:
- Summer– April 15
- Fall – August 1
- Spring– December 1
Alternative calendar certificates have different application deadlines. Visit the Graduate Catalog Certificates Contact Information page for applicable dates by certificate.
The application deadlines noted above represent the date in which your Graduate Certificate application must be submitted. The Office of Graduate Studies reviews Graduate Certificate applications on a rolling basis. You will have time to submit additional materials such as your transcripts after these posted deadlines.
To apply for admission to USF, you must:
- Complete the online application for admission
- Please select "Graduate Certificate" as the Student Type
- Pay the non-refundable $30 application fee
- Submit the following required materials:
- Transcripts from each college or university attended in the United States and/or transcript evaluations of all coursework completed outside of the United States (Note: Transcript evaluations must be conducted by an NACES affiliated evaluation agency).
- If you do not hold a bachelor’s degree (or higher) conferred within the United States or from a designated English-speaking country, you must submit proof of English proficiency testing pursuant to the USF Graduate Catalog.
- Upload the following recommended documentss:
- Up-to-date resume or CV
- Statement of Purpose
- Two letters of recommendation from someone of authority who can speak to the applicant's academic and/or professional abilities
Mail official transcripts to:
University of South Florida
Office of Graduate Certificates
140 Seventh Avenue South, PNM 102
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Direct official electronic transcripts to:
Some Graduate Certificates that lead to licensure may require additional materials. Please read the specific certificate program page in the USF Graduate Catalog to determine if any additional application materials are required. If you are applying to multiple Graduate Certificates, please apply for each one separately.
Additional Notes for International Applicants:
- Graduate Certificate students are NOT eligible for a student visa based on enrollment in a certificate; only degree-seeking students are eligible for a student visa.
- International students who will be entering the U.S. while enrolled in either on-campus or online courses at USF must provide proof of health insurance to USF. If an international student is not attending on a student visa, only proof of insurance coverage is required.
- If an international student is attending on a student visa, specific coverages are required. For additional information, please review the Student Health Service's International Insurance Compliance page or call (813) 974-5407, or e-mail email@example.com.