How to Apply
Non-Degree Seeking Application Process
Deadlines are as follows:
- Summer – April 15
- Fall – August 1
- Spring – December 1
Alternative calendar certificates have different application deadlines. Visit the Graduate Catalog Certificates Contact Information page for applicable dates by certificate.
The application deadlines noted above represent the date in which your Graduate Certificate application must be submitted. The Office of Graduate Studies reviews Graduate Certificate applications on a rolling basis. You will have time to submit additional materials such as your transcripts after these posted deadlines.
To apply for admission to USF, you must:
- Complete the online application for admission
- Please select "Graduate Certificate" as the Student Type
- Pay the non-refundable $30 application fee
- Upload the following required documents:
- Unofficial transcripts from each college or university you attended, to include military credits and CLEP scores.
- Upload the following recommended documents:
- Up-to-date resume or CV
- Statement of Purpose
- Two letters of recommendation from someone of authority who can speak to the applicant's academic and/or professional abilities
Mail official transcripts to:
University of South Florida
Office of Graduate Certificates
140 Seventh Avenue South, PNM 102
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Direct official electronic transcripts to:
Some Graduate Certificates that lead to licensure may require additional materials. Please read the specific certificate program page in the USF Graduate Catalog to determine if any additional application materials are required. If you are applying to multiple Graduate Certificates, please apply for each one separately.