Thank you for visiting our Open Enrollment website. Here, you will find updates and information regarding this year's Open Enrollment changes, including activities and helpful links for learning about your benefit options.
Open Enrollment begins Monday, October 19, 2020, and ends promptly at 6:00 p.m. (ET) on Friday, November 6, 2020.
5 Steps to a Successful Open Enrollment
1. Ensure that you receive all benefit-related information in a timely manner by updating your contact information.
Open Enrollment is the perfect time to review your contact information in GEMS and People First to ensure that you receive all benefit-related information in a timely manner. Any updates made in GEMS Self Service are sent automatically to People first each night. For instructions on how to update your address(es) with USF via MyUSF, click here for the instructional guide.
2. Don't miss out on what's new for 2021 Plan year.
Changes for the 2021 Plan Year (Video 3 minutes)
- Routine immunizations covered at participating retail pharmacies
- Telehealth services covered for primary care visits (subject to copays)
- Annual Benefits Statement available online on the People First portal
- Premium increases:
- Health: Increase to Employer portion of Health premium. No change for active full time employee premiums.
- Dental: Increases to Ameritas and MetLife plan premiums.
- Optional Life: Premiums increase according to age-band calculations.
- Spouse Life: Increases to premiums for both levels of coverage.
- Health Savings Account contribution limit increases
- Healthcare and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts carryover increase to $550
Important Dates and Reminders for the 2021 Plan Year (Video 4 minutes) Quick review of important dates and Open Enrollment reminders that you don’t want to miss!
State Health Plans Review (Video 5 minutes) Compare and contrast the Standard and High Deductible plans as well as discuss the difference between HMO and PPO plans.
Dental Plans Review (Video 5minutes) Breakdown of dental plan types and how they work.
3. The Benefits Fair is virtual this year - webinars are ongoing.
From September 28th through October 30th, the Department of State Group Insurance is hosting a virtual benefits fair that includes an Open Enrollment webinar series providing you with the opportunity to learn more about all state benefit offerings at a time that is convenient for you.
4. Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity to make any changes you want to your State Group Insurance benefits.
Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity to make any changes you want to your State Group Insurance benefits. You can change your benefits as many times as you want before the November deadline.
Accessing People First (Video 3 minutes) Learn about your options to make your elections and tips for accessing the People First portal including finding your People First log in ID and resetting your password.
Navigating the People First portal (Video 7 minutes) A step-by-step guide to enrolling on the People First portal
Log in to People First to make your choices (changes, additions, and/or drop in coverages) and remember to select the Complete Enrollment button when you are ready to save changes. If you make Open Enrollment changes, look for a mailed confirmation statement in early November. Be sure all changes are correct, any eligible dependents are enrolled in coverage, and any ineligible dependents have been removed.
5. Premiums are deducted a month in advance so it is important to review your deductions on December 2020 paychecks.
Please note that benefits premiums are deducted a month in advance so it is important to review your deductions on December 2020 paychecks for changes and notify us at Benefits@usf.edu with any discrepancies.
Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account contributions are deducted during the coverage month. Any changes to these accounts will begin with January 2021 paychecks.