Thank you for visiting our Open Enrollment website. Here, you will find updates and information regarding this year's Open Enrollment changes, including activities and helpful links for learning about your benefit options.
Open Enrollment begins Monday, October 11, 2021, and ends promptly at 6:00 p.m. (ET) on Friday, october 29, 2021.
5 Steps to a Successful Open Enrollment
1. Ensure that you receive all benefit-related information in a timely manner by updating your contact information.
Open Enrollment is the perfect time to review your contact information in GEMS and People First to ensure that you receive all benefit-related information in a timely manner. Any updates made in GEMS Self Service are sent automatically to People first each night. For instructions on how to update your address(es) with USF via MyUSF, click here for the instructional guide.
2. Don't miss out on what's new for 2022 Plan year.
Changes for the 2022 Plan Year (Video 5 minutes)
- Diabetes Management Pilot Program
- Telehealth services covered for all eligible primary and specialist care visits (subject to copays)
- Over-the-counter drugs eligible for reimbursement under Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- Premium increases for Ameritas and MetLife dental plans
- Health Savings Account contribution limit increases
- Dependent Care Account annual contribution maximum reduced to $5,000
Important Dates and Reminders for the 2022 Plan Year (Video 5 minutes)
State Health Plans Review (Video 5 minutes) Compare and contrast the Standard and High Deductible plans as well as discuss the difference between HMO and PPO plans.
Dental Plans Review (Video 5 minutes) Breakdown of dental plan types and how they work.
3. The Benefits Fair is virtual this year - webinars are ongoing.
From September 27th through October 22nd, the Department of State Group Insurance is hosting a virtual benefits fair that includes an Open Enrollment webinar series providing you with the opportunity to learn more about all state benefit offerings at a time that is convenient for you.
4. Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity to make any changes you want to your State Group Insurance benefits.
Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity to make any changes you want to your State Group Insurance benefits. You can change your benefits as many times as you want before the October 29th deadline.
Accessing People First (Video 3 minutes) Learn about your options to make your elections and tips for accessing the People First portal including finding your People First log in ID and resetting your password.
Navigating the People First portal (Video 7 minutes) Please use Firefox or Google Chrome and disable pop-ups to view this video: A step-by-step guide to enrolling on the People First portal
Log in to People First to make your choices (changes, additions, and/or drop in coverages) and remember to select the Complete Enrollment button when you are ready to save changes. If you make Open Enrollment changes, look for a mailed confirmation statement in early November. Be sure all changes are correct, any eligible dependents are enrolled in coverage, and any ineligible dependents have been removed.
5. Premiums are deducted a month in advance so it is important to review your benefits deductions on December 2021 and January 2022 paychecks.
Please note that benefits premiums are deducted a month in advance so it is important to review your deductions on December 2021 paychecks for changes and notify us at Benefits@usf.edu with any discrepancies.
Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account contributions are deducted during the coverage month. Any changes to these accounts will begin with January 2022 paychecks.
Click HERE to submit an Open Enrollment question or join a member of the Benefits team during one of our Open Enrollment Q&A sessions: