Thank you for visiting our Open Enrollment website. Here, you will find updates and information regarding this year's Open Enrollment changes, including activities and helpful links for learning about your benefit options.
Open Enrollment Begins Monday, Oct. 10, 2022, at 8 AM (ET) and ends Friday, Oct. 28, 2022, at 6 PM (ET)
5 Steps to a Successful Open Enrollment
1. Ensure that you receive all benefit-related information in a timely manner by updating your contact information.
Open Enrollment is the perfect time to review your contact information in GEMS and People First to ensure that you receive all benefit-related information in a timely manner. Any updates made in GEMS Self Service are sent automatically to People first each night. For instructions on how to update your address(es) with USF via MyUSF, click here for the instructional guide.
2. Don't miss out on what's new for the next plan year.
- Diabetes Management Pilot Program (DMPP) The Diabetes Management Pilot Program will be offered again for the 2023 plan year. Members can utilize a digital health platform for diabetes management within participating DSGI health plans to monitor their HbA1c and hypoglycemia levels. Members of Aetna, AvMed, FloridaBlue and UnitedHealthcare may enroll. Participants are responsible for all applicable medical and prescription (Rx) copayments, co-insurance, deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses. To learn more, visit MyBenefits.MyFlorida.com.
- Weight Managemet Program (WMP) The Weight Management Program will be offered again for the 2023 plan year. Members of Aetna, AvMed, Florida Blue, Capital Health Plan and UnitedHealthcare receive lifestyle coaching. Participants are responsible for all applicable medical and prescription (Rx) copayments, co-insurance, deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses. To learn more, visit MyBenefits.MyFlorida.com.
- Healthcare and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts Roll Over Increase The annual carry-over for healthcare and limited purpose flexible spending accounts from the 2022 to 2023 plan year increased to $570.
- New Dental Plans There is a new Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) dental plan offered to you by Humana Dental. Visit MyBenefits.MyFlorida.com to learn more.
- Dental Plan Rate Decrease Metlife and Ameritas decreased their plan rates for the 2023 plan year. Visit People First to review your annual benefits statement or visit MyBenefits.MyFlorida.com to learn more.
- Vision Plan Rate Decrease Vision plan rates will decrease for the 2023 plan
year. Visit People First to review your annual benefits statement or MyBenefits.MyFlorida.com to learn more.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Contributions and Coverage Limits
Visit the Mybenefits.Myflorida.com for updated amounts for the 2023 plan year.
→ Visit the My Benefits My Florida Open Enrollment 2023 Website
State Health Plans Review (Video 5 minutes) Compare and contrast the Standard and High Deductible plans as well as discuss the difference between HMO and PPO plans.
Dental Plans Review (Video 5 minutes) Breakdown of dental plan types and how they work.
3. The Benefits Fair is on campus this year.
Tuesday, Oct. 18
9 a.m. to 2 p.m
University of South Florida (USF), 8350 N. Tamiami Trl., Selby Auditorium
St. Petersburg Campus
Wednesday, Oct. 19
9 a.m. to 2 p.m
University of South Florida (USF), 200 6th Ave. South., Student Center
Thursday, Oct. 20
9 a.m. to 2 p.m
University of South Florida (USF), 4103 Cedar Circle, Marshall Student CenterPlease see the vendor map for the Tampa Campus Benefits Fair
4. Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity to make any changes you want to your State Group Insurance benefits.
Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity to make any changes you want to your State Group Insurance benefits. You can change your benefits as many times as you want before the October 28th deadline.
Accessing People First (Video 3 minutes) Learn about your options to make your elections and tips for accessing the People First portal including finding your People First log in ID and resetting your password.
Navigating the People First portal (Video 7 minutes) Please use Firefox or Google Chrome and disable pop-ups to view this video: A step-by-step guide to enrolling on the People First portal
Log in to People First to make your choices (changes, additions, and/or drop in coverages) and remember to select the Complete Enrollment button when you are ready to save changes. If you make Open Enrollment changes, look for a mailed confirmation statement in early November. Be sure all changes are correct, any eligible dependents are enrolled in coverage, and any ineligible dependents have been removed.
5. Premiums are deducted a month in advance so it is important to review your benefits deductions on December 2022 and January 2023 paychecks.
Please note that benefits premiums are deducted a month in advance so it is important to review your deductions on December 2022 paychecks for changes and notify us at Benefits@usf.edu with any discrepancies.
Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account contributions are deducted during the coverage month. Any changes to these accounts will begin with January 2023 paychecks.
If you have questions about your benefits, please contact the Central HR Benefits team or Regional HR Office.
|Thursday, October 13||1:30 pm - 3:30 pm||
MS Teams https://bit.ly/3eibQph
|Friday, October 14||10:00 am – 12:00 pm||SVC 2068|
|Monday, October 17||7:30 am – 9:30 am||SVC 2068|
|Wednesday, October 19||2:00 pm - 4:00 pm||
|Monday, October 24||11:00 am - 2:00 pm||SVC 2068|
|Tuesday, October 25||3:30 pm - 7:30 pm||SVC 2068|
|Thursday, October 27||9:00 am - 11:00 am||
|Thursday, October 27||3:00 pm - 5:00 pm||