Managers Self Service
Managers or their delegates can initiate employment actions such as promotions, salary increases, supervisor changes, terminations, etc. allowing standardized workflow to move transactions through multiple users in GEMS without manual Appointment Status Forms (ASFs).
Manager Self Service Helpful Resources
Documents to assist Managers or Delegates with completing employment actions
- MSS Training Guide – step-by-step instructions for initiating and approving employment actions within MSS.
- Delegation Basics – quick basics to initiating, accepting/rejecting, and revoking a delegation request.
- Quick reference guide for each role:
- MSS Action/Reason Recommended Use Guide – a guide that matches Job Data action/reasons to a MSS employment action while providing documentation pointers.
- Visual Workflow/Documentation Guide – overview of the process steps for each employment action within MSS.
- Quick tip sheets on how to access MSS employment actions that have been entered to review where they are in the workflow.
Online Appointment Status Change Form Helpful Resources
Documents to assist Department HR Partners with completing employment actions
Employment Actions - MSS vs. Online ASF
Other employment actions not listed here may be included. Please review the above documents to determine the appropriate process method for the needed action.
Informational and Demo Sessions
Recordings discussing and demostrating the particular role or process listed as it relates to MSS or Online ASF. Please click a picture to be directed to the applicable recording.
Please send questions to MSS-Questions@usf.edu
Please send your feedback via our Survey