Veteran Admissions Assistance
Yellow Ribbon Program
Point of Contact: Dr. Katherine Butterfield, School Certifying Official - Admissions and Benefits Coordinator
Note: ***Students who qualify for the Out-of-State Fee Waiver DO NOT need to apply for the Yellow Ribbon Program***
**Students must submit a Yellow Ribbon application to the Office of Veteran Success EVERY SEMESTER***
The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008, it was is designed to assist student veterans and veteran dependents who are being charged out of state tuition and fee rates. The Yellow Ribbon program allows institutions of higher learning in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to fund tuition and fee expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. The institution can contribute up to 50% of those expenses and the VA will match the same amount as the institution.
Who is eligible?
- Student Veterans using Chapter 33, Post 911 GI Bill at the 100% rate
- Veteran Dependents using Chapter 33, Post 911 GI Bill at the 100% rate
Eligible students must be:
- Admitted to USF
- Charged as a Non-Florida Resident by USF
- Currently using Post 9/11 GI Bill at the 100% rate
- Deemed non-eligible for the Out-of-State Fee Waiver
How many slots are available?
- 24 slots for undergraduates
- 10 slots for master level students
- 4 slots for doctoral students in the College of Medicine
Yellow Ribbon Application:
Email your application and Certificate of Eligibility (COE) directly to Dr. Katherine Butterfield PRIOR TO the FIRST WEEK of classes EVERY SEMESTER you are eligible for the program.