Veteran Admissions Assistance
Yellow Ribbon Program
Point of Contact: Dr. Katherine Butterfield, School Certifying Official
Note: ***Students who qualify for the Out-of-State Fee Waiver DO NOT need to apply for the Yellow Ribbon Program***
The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008 that is designed to assist student veterans and veteran dependents who are being charged out of state tuition and fee rates. This program allows institutions of higher learning (degree granting institutions) in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with VA to fund tuition and fee expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. The institution can contribute up to 50% of those expenses and VA will match the same amount as the institution.
Who is eligible?
- Student Veterans using Chapter 33, Post 911 GI Bill at the 100% rate
- Veteran Dependents using Chapter 33, Post 911 GI Bill at the 100% rate
Eligible students must be:
- Admitted to USF
- Charged as a Non-Florida Resident by USF
- Currently using Post 9/11 GI Bill at the 100% rate
- Deemed non-eligible for the Out-of-State Fee Waiver
How many slot are available?
- 24 slots for undergraduates
- 10 slots for master level students
- 4 slots for doctoral students in the College of Medicine
Yellow Ribbon Application:
Email your application and Certificate of Eligibility (COE) directly to Dr. Katherine Butterfield PRIOR TO the FIRST WEEK of classes EVERY SEMESTER you are eligible for the program.