VetSuccess on Campus
Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E) (Chapter 31)
VA Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Chapter 31) assists Veterans with service-connected disabilities and an employment handicap to prepare for, obtain, and maintain suitable employment.
If you have a service-connected disability of 10% or more and have received or will receive an honorable or other than dishonorable discharge, please contact Jeanine Frederick to discuss your eligibility and potential entitlement for services. Services vary depending on the Veterans’ needs and must be determined necessary to help a Veteran overcome their disabilities.
Please do not hesitate to inquire about Chapter 31, even if you are currently using a VA Education benefit. It is best to get the information and make an informed choice about your benefit options as eligibility is time sensitive.
If you are already a participant using Chapter 31, please see below for information regarding the USF certification process:
NOTE: ***Veterans using Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation ("Voc Rehab") at USF, DO NOT EVER submit a Clockwork application while in the program***
1. Your Vocational Rehab counselor sends Chris Mosser the Vocational Rehabilitation Authorization through the Tungsten system directly
2. Chris Mosser will then add the student to the Voc Rehab "Master List". This list is then sent to the following departments on campus:
- USF Cashier's Office
- USF Bookstore
- USF Parking and Transportation Office
3. Once a students' name has been sent to the USF bookstore and parking office on the Master List, they will be able to pick up required supplies from both offices
4. Chris Mosser will then certify ALL Voc Rehab students on the "Master List" during the FIRST WEEK of each semester they are authorized to take classes in the program