Work With Us
The primary mission of the ASC is to directly promote and support students' academic success by offering a wide range of services. Our student employees play a significant role in implementing academic support by providing on-demand personalized assistance to the USF student community.
Currently there are no tutor vacancies for the Spring 2023 semester. Please check back later for potential Fall 2023 opportunities.
POSITION: SMART Lab GRADUATE ASSISTANT - Spring 2023
Job Summary: The SMART Lab is currently seeking candidates for Graduate Assistant positions. Responsibilities include: coordinating undergraduate student staff, including tutors and front-desk employees; assisting with day-to-day center operations, including scheduling, student assistance, and problem-solving; overseeing the center during evening and weekend hours; assisting with supervision, observation, and evaluation of student staff; providing technical assistance to students utilizing software in conjunction with our services; managing center email and Teams accounts; administering center specific policies and procedures; supporting peer tutors and front-desk employees in delivering assistance and support to student users; and representing the SMART Lab in campus outreach opportunities.
Nature of Work: We are currently seeking candidates with expertise or experience in one or more of the following specialties:
- Leadership or supervisory experience in a work setting;
- Tutoring or learning support experience in a higher education setting;
- Expertise in Math, Science, STEM or a related field such as Math or Science Education;
- Instructional experience including teaching, training or learning development;
- Mentoring, counseling or coaching experience;
- Customer service experience;
- Experience working with instructional technologies.
Required Documents (MUST BE UPLOADED WITH APPLICATION)
- Cover Letter & Resume
- Unofficial Transcript
Hours per Week: minimum commitment of 20.00 hours per week
Schedule: Work hours will be on-site at the SMART Lab (USF Tampa Campus Library). Schedule is variable according to class schedule and SMART Lab hours of operation. This job will require some evening and weekend work hours.
Pay Rate: $18/hour for Master’s Level; $25.14/hour for Doctoral Level
Benefits: This is a Graduate Assistant position (job code 9185) and is subject to all requirements and benefits under the USF/GAU Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position makes the employee eligible for an "out of college" tuition waiver, if approved and funded by their college/program. The SMART Lab does not provide funding for GA tuition waivers.
Minimum Qualifications: Must be an admitted USF graduate student in good academic standing.
Preferred Qualifications: One or more of the following:
- At least one year of tutoring experience in a higher education setting;
- Student leadership experience in either a work or volunteer setting;
- Demonstrated experience in any of the specialty areas listed above.