Work With Us
The primary mission of the ASC is to directly promote and support students' academic success by offering a wide range of services. Our student employees play a significant role in implementing academic support by providing on-demand personalized assistance to the USF student community.
We are currently accepting applications for the coming Fall 2023/Spring 2024 academic year to join our team of Peer Tutors.
Benefits of being a Peer Tutor:
- Pay it forward by helping your peers academically succeed
- Develop important leadership and communication skills
- Learn core skills for career success
- Engage with diverse groups of students and enhance your academic network
- Build your content knowledge as you prepare for career or graduate school
- Schedule your work around your classes
- Get paid to work on campus - $13/hour
- Earn nationally recognized CRLA Tutor Certification
- Must be an actively enrolled USF undergraduate student
- Must have completed at least one academic year at USF (24+ credit hours)
- Must maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.25
- Must have earned a B+ or higher in the course(s) you intend to tutor
- Must possess excellent time management skills and be able to juggle own academic responsibilities with work obligations of at least 10 hours per week
- Must have exemplary communication and interpersonal skills
- Must demonstrate commitment to helping your peers learn
Peer tutors actively engage and collaborate with students towards a common goal of tackling challenging course work together. Available at no cost, tutoring sessions focus on meeting the individual needs of students addressing their specific questions and encouraging independent learning. Peer tutors are successful undergraduate students who help their peers gain confidence, build good study habits, and foster a safe place for all students to learn. Tutoring is available on an individual drop-in basis and by appointment only for study groups.
Interested in becoming a peer tutor? Apply here