- How do I schedule a consultation?
- How Many Appointments Can I Schedule?
- What Should I Bring to my Appointment?
- What Writing Project can I Bring to the Writing Studio?
- Can I Receive Help on APA, MLA, or Other Writing Styles?
- Can Students with Disabilities get accommodations in the Studio?
- Can I Have a Consultation on a Group Project or Exam?
- How do I Cancel or Reschedule My Appointment?
Question and Answers
A: Options include:
- in person: stop in the Writing Studio, located on the second floor of the USF Library during regularly scheduled Writing Studio hours
- over the phone: call the Writing Studio at (813) 974-8293
- online through Accudemia:
- Log-in to Accudemia using your normal NetID and password
- On the left, under "Center Attendance," hover over "Appointments."
- Select "New by date."
A: Writers are limited to one appointment per week. Please e-mail email@example.com to request multiple appointments.
- Bring all relevant materials (drafts, feedback, rubrics, assignment sheets, etc.).
- Fill out the Pre-Appointment Form (available at the front desk when checking in for your appointment.
- papers, lab reports, articles for publications, theses, dissertations, discussion board writing/writing for the web
- resumes, CVs, cover letters, personal statements, scholarship essays, grant writing, tenure portfolios
- digital portfolios, presentations/speeches, PowerPoints, or other digital "writing."
- the writing, reading, and English Language Skills/English sections of the GRE, FTCE, TOEFL, and GKT
- While consultations will not focus EXCLUSIVELY on Writing Styles, during the course of a session, consultants will work with the writer to model how to problem solve these questions.
- Please visit Lynda.com (visit my.usf.edu and hover over "Learning & Teaching Tools") for video tutorials on writing style formatting assistance.
- ETD assistance, please visit the ETD Resource Center in the Office of Graduate Studies.
- For writers who are registered with SDS, the Writing Studio provides reasonable accommodations in line with SDS recommendations.
- Please contact a coordinator to set up an accommodated consultation.
- Consultations on group writing projects (i.e., a group is writing one document together) require all group members to be present for the consultation.
- All consultations on exams must be pre-approved by your instructor. The instructor must email the Writing Studio and/or call and speak to the Assistant Director or a Coordinator to give permission before the consultation can begin.
- Even if an instructor has provided permission in course syllabi to have consultations on exams, the instructor still needs to contact the Assistant Director or a Coordinator.
- Appointments must be cancelled by phone (813) 974-8293.
- at least 24 hours in advance, otherwise it will count as a "missed" session.
- After 3 missed appointments, writers may lose their Studio privileges for the remainder of the semester.
If you still have questions that need answered please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 813.974.8293.