- How do I schedule a consultation?
- How Many Appointments Can I Schedule?
- What Should I Bring to my Appointment?
- What Writing Project can I Bring to the Writing Studio?
- Can I Receive Help on APA, MLA, or Other Writing Styles?
- Can Students with Disabilities get accommodations in the Studio?
- Can I Have a Consultation on a Group Project or Exam?
- How do I Cancel or Reschedule My Appointment?
Question and Answers
A: Options include:
- in person: stop in the Writing Studio, located on the second floor of the USF Library during regularly scheduled Writing Studio hours
- over the phone: call the Writing Studio at (813) 974-8293
A: Writers are limited to one appointment per week. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request multiple appointments.
- Bring all relevant materials (drafts, feedback, rubrics, assignment sheets, etc.).
- Two (or more) questions about the assignment to discuss with your consultant.
- course writing assignments (papers, lab reports, outlines, book reports, literature reviews, articles for publication, theses, dissertations, discussion board writing, etc.)
- professional genres (resumes, CVs, cover letters, personal statements, scholarship essays, etc.)
- digital writing (portfolios, presentations/speeches, PowerPoints, videos, etc.)
- While consultations will not focus exclusively on Writing Styles, during the course of a session, consultants will work with the writer to model how to problem solve these questions.
- Please visit Lynda.com (visit my.usf.edu and hover over "Learning & Teaching Tools") for video tutorials on writing style formatting assistance.
- ETD assistance, please visit the ETD Resource Center in the Office of Graduate Studies.
- For writers who are registered with SDS, the Writing Studio provides reasonable accommodations in line with SDS recommendations.
- Please contact Dr. Kristen Gay, the Assistant Director of the Writing Studio, to set up an accommodated consultation.
- Consultations on group writing projects (i.e., a group is writing one document together) require all group members to be present for the consultation.
- Appointments must be cancelled by phone at least 24 hours in advance, otherwise it will count as a "missed" session.
- After 2 missed appointments, writers may lose their Studio privileges for the remainder of the semester.
If you still have questions about our services, please send an email to email@example.com or call us at 813.974.8293.