Fall 2021 in-person and online appointments are now available for all USF undergraduate and graduate students!
During your session, you will have 45 minutes to collaborate with a writing consultant, who will ask you questions about your writing goals and concerns. Please keep in mind that consultations are interactive and collaborative, so come prepared to work actively on your writing. If your session is online, please note that Teams allows for file sharing, audio/visual sharing, screen sharing, collaborative writing, and chat features. We encourage you to take notes during your session and/or save any changes you make at the end. We look forward to working with you!
In-person writing consultations are available in LIB 233 Mondays - Fridays from 10 AM - 4 PM! The last appointment each day begins at 3:00 pm. Drop-in appointments begin at the top of each hour and last for 45 minutes. Students can also reserve their appointments in advance by visiting Accudemia, signing in with their USF credentials, and reserving an appointment that works for their schedule. Students can also schedule an appointment by calling the Studio at 813-974-8293 during office hours.
Please note that graduate students should select "Graduate Student Consultation" as a service, and undergraduate students should select "Undergraduate Student Consultation." Also, please enter any notes/questions you'd like to share with your consultant about the project before you save the appointment.
Online Appointment Scheduling
To schedule an online appointment, please follow the steps below:
- Visit the ASC Bookings Homepage.
- Click on the service you would like to book (undergraduate students should select "Undergraduate Writing Studio Consultation" and graduate students should select "Graduate Writing Studio Consultation.")
- Scroll down the page.
- Select a day/time that works for your schedule (Note: available dates appear in black).
- Optional: select the Studio consultant with whom you would like to work. Their available appointments will populate.
- Provide the additional information at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on "Book."
- Check your USF email address (usf.edu) for a Teams meeting invitation.
- Accept the Teams invitation to add the Writing Studio session to your calendar.
Access Your Online Appointment
- Join the Teams Writing Studio appointment at your scheduled time. Note: you can join the appointment through your Outlook calendar by clicking on the Teams meeting and selecting the "Join Meeting" link.
- Your consultant will log in at the top of the hour (:00) to work with you. Note: You can log in 10 minutes early if you would like to do so to ensure that everything is working properly.
If you experience technical difficulties before or during your session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. We will do our best to help you and communicate with your consultant.
If you continue to experience technical difficulties, we may encourage you to contact USF IT for assistance.