New Employees FAQ
Welcome to USF and the Department of Integrative Biology!
We hope that the information provided here will help you get acquainted with our department, USF and the Tampa bay region. If you find yourself with any questions, need help with any topics not covered here, or have topic suggestions, please feel free to reach out to your supervisor or our department offices.
We are excited to start working with you!
International hires should plan for their date of arrival in the USA. Completion of the hiring paperwork and setup of your USF requires a social security card number, which can take 10-15 business days to process after application at a US office. Therefore, it is recommended your arrival date in the USA should be at least 2-3 weeks ahead of your anticipated start date if at all possible. For more information on being an international student/staff or international resources, please visit USF World.
Complete hiring paperwork through Central Human Resources at the campus you have been assigned to. Paperwork is sent via email from HireRight.
Setup your USF Net ID. This will be your login information to access the USF network and will serve as a handle for your USF e-mail. For step by step directions on how to setup your Net ID click here.
Tampa hires: Please send your Net ID to the Department Operations Manager. They will assist with access to department systems.
St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee hires: Please inform your supervisor and hiring contact when your Net ID is active.
Review campus map and identify parking areas
Many USF systems require dual factor authentication. Information on data security may be found at https://www.usf.edu/it/data-security/overview
Setup your direct deposit through the MyUSF login. Once in GEMS you can update your direct deposit information and address information. You can use this portal at any time to keep your personal employee information up to date, request leave, and view your paychecks. Please visit the UCO website for additional information.
Visit the Campus Information Center (CIC) at 11711 Leroy Collins Blvd with your offer letter to pick up a temporary, courtesy two-week parking permit. Employee parking permits may be ordered on the PTS website.
Attain your USF ID card from the USF Card Office. Your ID card can be used to access certain buildings after hours and can also function as a re-loadable meal card.
USF Academy for Teaching and Learning Excellence (ATLE) is a great resource for training, networking and assistance with course design and current best practices.
Tampa campus employees can order keys using our online Key Request Form
St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee employees should see their supervisor about the process.
Classrooms and non-department controlled rooms will be unlocked 15 minutes before the start of class. For technical assistance during class, contact IT at email@example.com or 813-974-1222.
Tampa Department vehicles are available to be taken out by USF Students and Faculty at any time. Vehicles may be reserved using the Vehicle Calendar found on the Internal Forms page.
- All travel for USF must follow the USF Travel Policies.
- Tampa - Within the College of Arts and Sciences, Business Support Services (CASBSS) can handle all employee travel setup including your travel authorization request which must be submitted and fully approved prior to your first anticipated travel date. You may submit a travel request through their website.
- Please contact the Department Operations Manager to arrange campus visitor travel.
- Graduate Students – Information on the student health insurance plan can be found here. The Student Health & Wellness center can provide assistance with a number of wellness areas. For more information visit their website.
- Staff & Faculty – A summary of your available benefits and employment perks as well as information on policies surrounding attendance and leave is available through the USF Department of Human Resources.