Faculty and Staff
A Global Pathway is an undergraduate major or degree program that has significant global content. Global Pathways provide students with the opportunity to practice and apply global competencies through the major or degree program. Students in Global Pathway degree programs not only benefit academically from the globalized program of study but are also well positioned to earn the Global Citizen Award.
Departments seeking to certify their major(s) or degree program(s) as a Global Pathway should contact email@example.com.
GLOBAL PATHWAY COMPONENTS
The following are the primary components for developing a Global Pathway.
- Develop program learning outcomes aligned with two Global Citizens Project objectives.
- Certify two courses required for the degree program as Global Citizens courses.
- Complete a curriculum map.
- Offer a course that incorporates one of the following high-impact practices: study abroad/away, undergraduate research, service-learning, or internships.
- Partner with a Student Affairs office or department to co-sponsor an annual event or program.
Certified Global Pathways receive designation in USF's undergraduate catalog.
Music Education - B.S. Music Education (approved 11/2017)
Theatre & Dance - B.A. Theatre (approved 11/2017)
Anthropology - B.A. Anthropology (approved 4/2018)
- Global Pathway Lead - Elizabeth Miller
Interdisciplinary Social Sciences - B.A. Interdisciplinary Social Sciences (approved 11/2016)
- Global Pathway Lead and Course Proposer - Sara Green
Religious Studies - B.A. Religious Studies (approved 11/2017)
Muma College of Business - All Degree Programs (approved 4/2019)
- Global Pathway Lead - Robert Hooker
B.S. Business Analystics & Inforamtion Systems
B.S. General Business Studies
B.A. Global Business
B.S. Personal Finance
Educational and Psychological Studies - Global Studies in Education minor (approved 4/2018)
Teaching and Learning - BA./B.S. Exceptional Student Education (approved 4/2018)
- Global Pathway Lead - Betsy Doone
Teaching and Learning - B.S. English Education (approved 11/2018)
- Global Pathway Lead - Michael Sherry
Teaching and Learning - B.A./B.S. Mathematics Education (approved 11/2018)
- Global Pathway Lead - Eugenia Vomvoridi-Ivanovic
Communication Sciences & Disorders - B.A. Communication Sciences & Disorders (approved 3/2018)
- Global Pathway Lead - Steven Surrency
Social Work - B.S.W. Social Work (approved 11/2017)
Nursing - B.S. Nursing: Upper Division (approved 4/2018)
- Global Pathway Lead - Elizabeth T. Jordan
Public Health - B.S. Public Health (approved 4/2018)
- Global Pathway Lead - Laura Rusnak
Center for Leadership & Civic Engagement - Leadership Studies minor (approved 11/2018)
- Global Pathway Lead - Mike Severy
The following departments are currently working with the Global Citizens Project to develop their degree programs as Global Pathways.
Theatre & Dance - B.A. Dance
Theatre & Dance - B.F.A. Dance
Communications - B.A. Communication
- Global Pathway Lead - Navita James
- Global Pathway Course Proposer - Ellen Klein
Geosciences - B.S. Environmental Science and Policy
Humanities and Cultural Studies - B.A. Humanities and Cultural Studies
World Languages - B.A. World Languages and Culture
- Global Pathway Lead and Course Proposer - Stephan Schindler
Global Health - Community Engaged Homeland Security & Emergency Management minor