Electronic Thesis & Dissertation
ETD Help Sessions
Our Help Sessions are designed to allow students to meet with an ETD Specialist for 15 minutes, to ask any questions you may have, for help with tricky issues in Word, or to perform a quick review of common mistakes. We will not review your ETD manuscript during a help session.
Please note, the help sessions are not a substitute for the ETD Workshop. They are two completely different events. The Help Sessions are not required, but they are recommended for students who struggle with formatting.
Remote help sessions
Individual, remote Help Sessions are available Monday - Friday, from 10AM until 3PM. Students must register at least a day in advance to reserve an appointment. If you need to cancel, email the ETD Help Desk and cancel your appointment as soon as possible to free up that space for another student. These help sessions are not required, but they are encouraged for any students with questions.
To register for one of these 1-on-1 sessions:
- Click this link to go to the ETD Bookings page.
- Once there, select the day and time that work best for your schedule.
- At the bottom of the page, you will write in your name and a reliable email address.
- If you have specific questions, like about the Table of Contents as an example, please put this information in the box that says "Notes."
- When you're done, click "Book." It may take some time for the program to complete the booking so please be patient. When all is said and done, you will receive an email confirming your appointment with the ETD Specialist.