Employee / Labor Relations
Federal/State Wage & Labor Information
Employees of the university and applicants applying for jobs at USF have a right to be informed about certain federal and state employment-related laws and requirements, which are listed below and can be accessed by clicking on the links.
- Employee Rights under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Employee Rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA)- English
- Employee Rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA)- Spanish
- Know Your Rights
- Your Rights under USERRA – The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
- OSHA Job Safety and Health: It's the Law
- E-Verify Participation (English & Spanish)
- Right to Work (English)
- Right to Work (Spanish)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
State of Florida Postings
- Florida Child Labor Laws
- Florida Law Prohibits Discrimination
- Equal Opportunity is the Law
- Florida Unemployment Compensation
- Minimum Wage in Florida
- Salario Minimo en Florida
- Workers' Comp Works for You
Union Bulletin Boards
Where University-controlled bulletin boards are available, USF agrees to provide space on such bulletin boards for Union use. Where bulletin boards are not available, USF agrees to provide wall space for Union-purchased boards. USF shall make a reasonable effort to make such space available and accessible to employees. The materials posted on the boards shall be restricted only to office Union matters. No material shall be posted which is derogatory to any person or organization, or faction thereof, except that election material relating to union elections may be posted on such boards.
Approved Union boards would be regulated by USF's Collective Bargaining Unions.