Incubation: More than a place
The Tampa Bay Technology Incubator (TBTI) is one vehicle through which USF CONNECT grows successful companies. As part of USF Research and Innovation's Innovation Enterprise, TBTI supports technology research as a catalyst for economic development and advocates the creation and development of facilities for high-technology companies and related support functions.
One channel that TBTI is able to assist is by providing access to critical costly research equipment. Many companies originate in the community and seek our support to evolve their concepts to commercialization.
- Experienced Mentors and Advisors
- Networking Events
- Educational Webinars and Workshops
- Professional Conference Rooms
- High-Tech Office Space
- Coworking Space and Mentoring Rooms
- Access to Scientific Equipment
- 3-D Printing and Protyping Lab
- State-of-the-Art Wet Labs
- Access to USF Faculty, Staff, and Interns
- USF Affiliated Resources and Amenities
FY 23 Economic impact of TBTI companies includes:
- $64K average full time salary and $31K average part time salary for current client salaried jobs
- $437M in total external funding received by current companies to date
- $50M in external funding received in the past year
- 67 TBTI companies served in past year
- 377 employees jobs created and retained
These statistics are reflective of our current TBTI companies.