The full-time, 12-month Doctoral Internship in Health Service Psychology provides three doctoral-level students, who have educational backgrounds in clinical or counseling psychology, with the well supervised experience of a mental health professional working in a comprehensive university counseling center.
- Runs from the first weekday in August to the last weekday of July each year.
- Represents a vital component of the USF Counseling Center's mission.
- Adheres to a competency-based model of psychological training and service delivery.
- Emphasizes integration and application of evidence based practice across a broad range of experiential activities.
- Provides opportunities for interns to participate in a wide variety of culturally-competent psychological activities with diverse populations at USF and affiliated training agencies.
- Exposes interns to a variety of supervisory styles and theoretical orientations.
- Prepares interns to practice health service psychology at an independent level.