The USF Counseling Center is a Continuing Education sponsor approved by the American Psychological Association and registered with CE Broker within the State of Florida. This allow us to sponsor Continuing Education opportunities for licensed psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors, and marriage & family therapists.
Continuing Education Exchange Network
The USF Counseling Center is currently in the process of developing a pilot program to promote collaboration within counseling centers at Florida colleges and universities to increase opportunities for quality continuing education presentations for their providers.
- Overview of Exchange Network - Slideshow Overview
- Brief explanation of why this could be helpful and how we envision it working
- Apply for Membership - Membership Application
- Membership is granted at the agency level (e.g. USF Counseling Center)
- A point person must be identified (e.g. Michael Rogers, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- There is no financial cost for membership
- During initial application, prospective members must indicate either:
- Counseling center staff that would be able and willing to provide at least one CE presentation to network members during the 2023-2024 academic year
- Or the willingness to sponsor a virtual CE workshop using an external presenter and make it open to Exchange Network members during the 2023-2024 academic year
- Don't have CE Sponsor status? No problem! The USF Counseling Center or another exchange member would be happy to partner with you to put on the CE presentation with your staff presenter. The goal is for staff at member counseling centers to receive high quality, relevant continuing education from each other without financial barriers
- Continuing Education Database - Online Database
- The database has two tabs, one listing all member centers of the exchange and the second listing potential presenters and topics
- The emails of the contact people at each center serves as a mini-listserv to share CE information and/or collaborate to plan a CE offering. The contact person at each center shares CE announcements with staff at their center.
- Update Your Information in the Database - Update Database
- Use this to update contact person information, add presenters/topics, or let members know about an upcoming CE opportunity
If you have any questions about the Continuing Education Exchange Network, please email Michael Rogers at email@example.com.