Postdoctoral fellows will be expected to develop competence in areas defined by APA (2017) as essential for entry to practice in the field of psychology, as well as competence in areas specific to practice in counseling center settings.
- Ethical and Legal Standards
- Individual and Cultural Diversity
- Professional Values, Attitudes, and Behavior
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Consultation and interprofessional/interdisciplinary skills
Postdoctoral fellows on the BHC and Dual Campus tracks may also be exposed to training opportunities that facilitate competence in areas identified by APA (2015) as essential for psychology practice in primary care settings. These competencies are directly applicable to Behavioral Health Consultation and may be referenced in supervision toward this area of practice.