Research in Arts Scholarship Program
The Research in Arts Scholarship (RIAS) represents a creative partnership between the USF Office for Undergraduate Research (OUR) and the Department of Art and Art History, which aims to foster student passion for inquiry and discovery. Two essential elements comprise the RIAS Scholarship: financial support, and comprehensive training in research skills and professional development. Under the direction of faculty mentors and OUR Program Directors, RIAS Scholars who participate in the USF School of Art and Art History's Summer Study Abroad Paris Program develop and produce research-based art projects from idea to installation.
RIAS Learning Objectives
- Create a research-based art project.
- Compose a research proposal.
- Design a research project web page.
- Present research findings at the USF Undergraduate Research Conference.
- Participate in the logistics and installation of an art exhibit.
- Document the research process and practice the art of reflection in "artist journals."
- Participate in a professional discussion panel and learn about creative careers.
2018 Research in Arts Scholars
Anna Marie Fennell