Research on your Transcript
IDS 4914 is a course offering for students engaging in a research and mentoring opportunity with a USF faculty member. Successful completion of this pass or fail course results in a transcript verification of the students’ research involvement, and leaves them one step closer to obtaining the USF Scholar award.
Each semester, the office of undergraduate research hosts one section of IDS 4914 per College, which is delivered as zero-credit (if you're looking for a for-credit version of this course, contact the Department where you want to do the research).
To obtain a permit to register for the course, the following criteria must be met:
- Your faculty mentor sponsors the research activity (faculty must have clinical, joint, regular, research, or visiting faculty appointment at USF).
- You are enrolled in at least one separate credit-bearing course during semester of enrollment.
- You engage in research activity for minimum of 5 hours each week.
- Your research activity occurs in the semester the permit is requested.
- If a course will be taught in which ALL students will engage in research, we can arrange to add a Banner attribute to the course that shows research activity. However, this takes place at the "course" level, meaning that all sections of that course must engage in the research, across semesters as well.
- If faculty members want to initiate the permitting of multiple students at once into IDS4914, they can fill out the survey below.