Why do Research
Participating in undergraduate research allows you to expand on your education while at USF. It allows you to pursue your interests, solve problems, hone your critical thinking skills, and make a real contribution to knowledge within your field.
There are many benefits to conducting undergraduate research while at USF.
- Academic Achievement: Those who participate in research are more likely to demonstrate higher academic achievement and excel in school.
- Graduate School: Those who conduct undergraduate research have a leg up when applying to graduate or professional school.
- Career Readiness & Opportunities: Participating in research will help you determine your career goals, as well as instill you with a set of transferable skills that make you competitive within the job market.
- Networking and Relationship Building: Conducting research allows you to build relationships with faculty members and other experts in your field that you may continue to work with in the future.
- Access to More Opportunities: Getting involved in research gives you access to more scholarships, awards, conferences, stipends, academic credit, and more.