Speak with an Advisor
Currently we are advising students remotely by email and online video chat using Microsoft
Teams app. Click here for a guide to using Microsoft Teams.
Schedule an appointment
Please schedule an appointment with an academic advisor by clicking on the appropriate link. (NOTE: Newly admitted fall 2020 students should schedule their appointment with an advisor so that is occurs after the College of Engineering orientation canvas module has been completed.)
If you have an immediate concern, please email an advisor.
same day advising
Current USF students can schedule a same-day drop-in appointment (formerly walk-in) via Archivum with an available advisor. Drop-in hours will be adjusted occasionally depending on the time of year and availability of Advisors.
Please note: These appointments are meant to last about 15 minutes to address quick questions by students.
Remote Advising Service Hours:
- Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
Online Drop-In Advising via Archivum - Click Here
- Select Get in Line (this is not schedule an appointment)
- Select Microsoft Teams (Download Microsoft Teams)
Peak Advising Periods
During peak advising periods students walking in to speak with an advisor may experience extra long wait times. We recommend students make an appointment to shorten wait times.
Fall Term: Mid-August through first week in September and mid-October through November 20
Spring Term: The first three weeks in January and mid-March through April 20
During the summer, the academic advisors participate in orientation so please schedule an appointment.
Important Semester Dates
- Fall graduation application deadline, September 21
- Mid-term grades, October 17
- Last day to withdraw, October 31
- Spring 2021 registration begins, November 2
- Test Free Week, November 30 - December 4
- Final Exam week (online only), December 5 - 10
- Fall final term grades visible in OASIS, December 18