Schedule An Appointment
We meet with students with or without a scheduled appointment during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8 am until 5 pm. We happily accept walk-ins for students who have immediate concerns, quick questions, or stop by during non-peak advising periods.
To schedule an appointment with an academic advisor, click on the appropriate link.
Peak Advising Periods
During peak advising periods students walking in to speak with an advisor may experience extra long wait times. We recommend students make an appointment to shorten wait times.
Fall Term: Mid-August through first week in September and mid-October through November 20
Spring Term: The first three weeks in January and mid-March through April 20
During the summer, the academic advisors participate in orientation so please schedule an appointment or if walking in call ahead at 813-974-2684 to be sure an advisor is available.
Limited Walk-in Advising Days
Due to orientation events, there will be limited walk-in advising available. Advisors may only visit with students who have scheduled appointments or students who walk-in with urgent time sensitive needs.
- July 2019: 9, 10, 12, 16-19, 23-26, 30, 31
- August 2019: 2, 6, 13-15
- December 2019: 6-13
- January 2020: (afternoon hours) 2, 3, 6, 7
Important Fall 2019 Semester Dates
- Labor Day Holiday, USF Closed, September 2
- Graduation Application Deadline, Sept. 23
- Mid-Term Grades, October 19
- Last day to withdraw; no refund & no academic penalty, Nov. 2
- Registration for spring 2020 classes begin, November 4
- Veteran's Day Holiday, USF Closed, November 11
- Thanksgiving Holiday, USF Closed, Nov. 28 & 29
- Last Day of Classes, December 4
- Reading Days, December 5 & 6
- Final Exams, December 7 - 12
- Grades post on OASIS, December 20