Global Citizen Award Overview
The Global Citizen Award is a fun and flexible way for USF undergraduate students to develop the qualities of a global citizen and be rewarded for their accomplishments. To earn the Global Citizen Award, you will create your own adventure that allows you to explore the global issues and regions of the world in which you are interested.
- Starting Your Adventure Workshop
- 8 Pre-Approved, On-Campus Global Events
- 2 Globally Focused Activities:
- Curricular or Co-Curricular Community Service (45 hours)
- Undergraduate Research (45 hours)
- Internship (45 hours)
- Study Abroad/Away Experience (1 week minimum)
- Global Citizens Coursework (6 credit hours with a final grade of B or higher)
- Foreign Language Coursework (6 credit hours at the intermediate level or higher, with a final grade of B or higher)
- Meaningful Reflection Throughout
What's in it for you?
- Become Globally Aware
- Diversify Your Network
- Develop Marketable Skills
- Make a Difference in the World
- Study Abroad Scholarship Eligibility
- Celebration of Leadership Award
- Noted on Official Transcript
- Graduation Recognition
Start earning the Global Citizen Award as early as your first semester at USF!
If you have additional questions prior to beginning or while pursuing the award, you can always join our virtual office hours! We have GCP staff available during the Fall 2020 term on Mondays from 8-9 am, Tuesdays from 10-11 am, Wednesdays from 3-4 pm, Thursdays from 5-6 pm, and Fridays from 1-2 pm. Join us via Microsoft Teams by visiting bit.ly/TeamGCA.