We have compiled the following resources to assist students writing their thesis or dissertation using LaTeX.
University of Cambridge | Contains extensive information regarding formatting using LaTeX.
Cornell University | Offers easy-to-follow, basic instructions regarding spacing, table of contents, and tables.
Wikibooks | Contains formatting information for LaTeX.
- More Math Into LaTeX, (4th Edition)
by George Gratzer
Publisher: Springer, 2007.
(available online through the USF Library)
- The LaTeX Companion: Tools and Techniques for Computer Typesetting
by Frank Mittelbacj, Michel Goossens, Johannes Braams, David Carlisle, and Chris Rowley
Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional, 2004.
- Guide to LaTeX, (4th Edition)
by Helmut Kopka and Patrick W. Daly
Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional, 2003.
- Pakin, Scott. "The Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List," 2009.
- Silmaril Consultants. "The Very Short Guide to Typesetting with LaTeX," 2009.
- Mori, Lapo F. "Writing a Thesis Using LaTeX," The PracTeX Journal, 1 (2008) 1-39.