JUDY GENSHAFT HONORS COLLEGE GRADUATION COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
Each semester the Judy Genshaft Honors College acknowledges the accomplishments of our graduates during the Judy Genshaft Honors College graduation commencement ceremony. Family and friends are invited to share in this special event and offer congratulations and appreciation to these remarkable students.
The date, time, and location of the ceremony will be announced each semester and shared with graduating students via their USF email, on social media, and in our student newsletter.
HONORS GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
During senior year, students should:
- Meet with the departmental advisor of your major to do a final graduation check to ensure you are meeting all of your major requirements.
- Meet with an Honors College advisor to ensure that you are meeting your honors curriculum requirements.
- Submit a Bachelor Degree Application through Oasis.
- Please note: Some college deadlines, including Engineering, are earlier. College of Business requires an additional application worksheet. Please consult your department advising office for specific information.
- Please see the Honors Graduation FAQ page for more information.
After the deadline to apply for university graduation has passed, eligible Honors graduates will receive an email to complete a graduation survey. This survey information will be used to recognize each graduate separately during the ceremony.
All Honors students must complete this survey and submit their bachelor's degree application. The deadline for completion will be listed in the email.
- Once you submit the form, a confirmation email with specific information about details of the ceremony will be emailed to you.
- Please see the Honors Graduation FAQ Page for more information.
The dress code for the ceremony is professional attire. Caps and gowns should not be worn at the Judy Genshaft Honors College graduation ceremony. Acceptable attire is what you might wear to an interview.
At the ceremony, we will gift you an Honors medallion to wear at the USF commencement. This special Honors medallion identifies you as a Judy Genshaft Honors College graduate and cannot be purchased at the bookstore.
UNIVERSITY COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
As an Honors student, there are two main ways to celebrate your accomplishments: the university commencement ceremony and/or the Judy Genshaft Honors College graduation ceremony.
If you are only participating in the university-wide commencement ceremony, your Judy Genshaft Honors College medallion may be picked up in the Judy Genshaft Honors College. However, you must still complete the Judy Genshaft Honors College graduation survey in order to pick up your medallion.