USF Judy Genshaft Honors College Annual Worldwide Climate Teach-In
Join the Judy Genshaft Honors College and thousands around the world for the 2023 Worldwide Climate Teach-In. This year’s teach-in is focused on education and application with discussions and activities designed to help students and community members find effective solutions for the critical climate issues we all face. The day-long event on USF’s Tampa campus will feature moderated dialogues, art and research exhibitions, a career fair, and more.
When and where
Wednesday, March 29, 2023 | 12:30 – 7 p.m.
All USF students can drop in on a discussion or activity to learn more about large and small-scale climate solutions!
If we don't talk about climate change, we won't act to stop it. The Worldwide Climate Teach-In gets Honors community members and our fellow Bulls talking about climate solutions. As we work together towards a more sustainable future, we’ll help mobilize thousands of people to focus on the critical climate justice work ahead, and our shared sustainable future.
Be part of the Climate Teach-In
Share your research, writing projects, or artwork* and present at the USF Climate Teach-In on March 29. You can submit any sustainability, climate-change, or environmentally focused projects.
*Projects can be at any stage of completeness as long as you have something to share!
You can also submit your favorite environmental or sustainability focused photos! Photos will be displayed and voted on during the USF Climate Teach-In on Wednesday, March 29.
Please submit all research, photography, and art projects by March 22.
2023 CLIMATE TEACH-IN EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
Main Room | JPH 1317
- Effective Climate Action | 12:30 p.m.
- Judy Genshaft Honors College student Kobe Philips, president and instructor at the JGHC Community Garden; and
- Judy Genshaft Honors College student Neelam Patel, 100% Renewable Energy student PIRG co-coordinator
- Sustainability in Education | 2 p.m.
- Dr. Allan Feldman, Professor Emeritus of Science Education, University of South Florida
- Climate as a Career | 3:30 p.m.
- Whit Remer, Sustainability and Resilience Officer, City of Tampa
- Climate Career Fair | 12:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- Student Art and Research Exhibition | 3 - 4:30 p.m.
- Student Environmental Organization Fair | 5 - 6:30 p.m.
Social Events, Food, Prizes + More!
make a difference today
Plan to attend the 2023 Climate Teach-In, but don’t wait to get involved! You can make a difference today by learning more and taking action:
- What is Climate Change
- Drawdown.org |The top 100 solutions to solve climate change
- IPCC Report | Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. UN organization of several thousand scientists compiling the world’s best science on climate change
- The Biggest Climate Bill of Your Life - But What does it DO!? | Understanding the Inflation Reduction Act
- Hillsborough County Recycling | How and what to recycle
- Top Individual Level Actions | 16 ways to take climate action