In compliance with Chapter 295, Florida Statute, the University of South Florida is committed to providing preference to U.S. veterans and spouses of veterans in hiring, promotion, and retention for all qualified positions (Staff level positions only), as prescribed by the chapter. Each position that qualifies for Veterans' Preference will be identified in the posting detail.
Veterans' Preference is extended to those who fall under the specified categories.
To claim Veterans' Preference, the applicant must:
- Indicate your claim for Veterans' Preference on the employment application
- Upload the corresponding supporting documentation to each posting covered under F.S.
295, as described above. Depending on the Veterans' Preference category the eligible
applicant falls under, the documentation must include:
- DD214 or military discharge papers - For more information on obtaining a DD214, please
visit eVetRecs or call (866)272-6272
- If a current member of the Reserved Component of the US Armed Forces, access the corresponding form for Current member US Armed Forces or FNG .
- If an Un-married Widow or Widower, access the required Un-remarried Widow or Widower Certification form.
- DD214 or military discharge papers - For more information on obtaining a DD214, please visit eVetRecs or call (866)272-6272
Certain categories of preference may require additional documentation to be submitted by the claimant. Human Resources will contact the applicant should additional documentation beyond the listed above be required.
Click here for instructions on uploading documents.
A Veterans' Preference eligible individual who is an internal applicant submitting an application for an internal job posting, cannot ask for Veterans' Preference unless entitled to Preference as a result of deployment.
For additional assistance on claiming Veterans' Preference, please contact USF Human Resources at (813) 974-2970 or USFCareersHelp@usf.edu.