Arriving and Orientation Checklist
OVERVIEW OF INTO ORIENTATION
It all starts at Orientation! Orientation is designed to help students feel comfortable and become acquainted with INTO USF during their first few days on campus. Students will learn about their program and campus resources, and meet with people essential to their experience, including teachers and INTO USF staff.
Your USF Net ID is like a username for your USF accounts. This will allow you to access all your accounts as a student, like your USF email and connecting to Wi-Fi on campus. To activate your Net ID, you'll need your U Number, and the email address you used to contact the university. Activate your Net ID by visiting NetID.usf.edu
This mandatory online course will register you for your Orientation and instruct you on how to use the technology platform so you can begin your Orientation and classes on-time.
You will receive a link in your personal email address to access the course. If you have any questions or have not received an email to sign-up, please reach out to INTOOrientation@usf.edu.
All students must complete these forms before orientation.
- Your doctor must complete and sign the USF Medical History Immunization form.
- Make sure you complete this form correctly by using this guide or click here to watch the Immunization Training Video.
- Email the completed form to INTOimmunization@usf.edu
If you are under the age of 18, you are required to have your parent or guardian sign your Medical History Form and Parental Consent Form. Please watch our Parental Consent Form Training for instructions to fill out the paperwork.
Please check the dates below to know when your mandatory Orientation sessions are. Orientation will held in person. You must attend every orientation session. All sessions are mandatory.
International Year One / Undergraduate Pathway: May 10 - 13
Graduate Pathway: May 10 - 13
Academic English: May 16 - 19
International Year One / Undergraduate Pathway: August 16 - 19
Graduate Pathway: August 16 - 19
Academic English: August 30 - September 2
In addition to your mandatory orientation sessions, you will need to complete an online orientation course that you will have access to on USF’s learning management system, Canvas. You will be added to the Canvas Course during your Orientation Registration Session.
Click here to learn about how to access Canvas.
For International Year One/Undergraduate Pathway students, please make sure you are checking your USF email account for the details about how to take your Math Placement Test.
All students should arrive at the Tampa International Airport (TPA), located 25km away from campus. Plan to arrive at least one day before your program start date.
After you book your travel plans, submit your flight details online. We need your arrival information in order to pick you up from the airport. This is a free service to all first-time INTO students, but you must submit your flight details at least 72 hours before you arrive at the airport.
USF requires all international students to be covered by health insurance. You will not be able to move into on-campus housing or start classes without this completed form. Detailed information about health insurance can be found here or you can watch our Insurance Training video.
You also can send questions to INTOimmunization@usf.edu
As an international student, you're required to have a F-1 student visa to study in the US. If you haven't received your visa, we have a checklist for you.
- Obtain I-20 Certificate of Eligibility
- Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee
- Confirm passport expiration date
- Provide evidence of financial resources
- Schedule your visa interview
We also have some additional resources to help you with this process:
- You can find a US embassy by visiting this website.
- Not sure what to bring? Here's a list of documents to take with you to your appointment.
- If you have any other questions regarding your visa, our PASS (Pre-arrival Support Services) advisors are here to assist. Simply complete this form and a PASS advisor will reach out to you.
To see an overview of the USF Housing Process, click here.
If you have been assigned to an accommodation on campus, you will receive an email from INTOHousing@usf.edu. If you have not been assigned, please contact INTO Housing. If you have organized accommodation, and wish to live on campus, please contact INTOAdmissions@usf.edu.
If you plan to arrive before your approved move-in date, you will need to arrange your own accommodation. Check our list of hotels near campus.
In your carry-on luggage, you should bring the following:
- Valid passport with F-1 student visa
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccine or exemption and negative COVID-19 test*
- SEVIS I-901 fee payment receipt
- Admission letter to INTO USF
- Original financial documents showing funds to support your studies
- Original academic records
- Medications and a copy of any prescriptions written in English
- The INTO USF Welcome Guide
- Cash to cover expenses for your first week, about $200 USD
- Any valuable items
*The following are required by the CDC to travel to the United States. Click here to learn more.
This presentation will help you support your student through their journey at USF! For more information about dates and times, please email email@example.com.
To find local shops, restaurants and grocery stores in Tampa click here.