Positions, Qualifications and Compensation/Benefits
The USF Counseling Center aims to have an interdisciplinary postgraduate fellowship program with at least three postgraduate fellows each year, from each of the primary disciplines that we have comprising the Counseling Center clinical staff: Psychology, Social Work, and Counseling. At times we may have funding and supervision resources to hire additional postgraduate positions, which will be duly advertised on the USF Human Resources website.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
Minimum Qualifications for Postmasters and Postdoctoral Fellows:
- Postmasters Fellows - the successful candidates must hold a master's degree in clinical social work or mental health counseling (or highly related fields) from accredited programs, and be able to register in the state of Florida as a Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern or Registered Clinical Social Work Intern.
- Postdoctoral Fellow - the successful candidates must hold a doctorate in Counseling,
Clinical, or School Psychology from an APA-accredited program and have successfully
completed pre-doctoral internship.
Preferred Qualifications for all Postgraduate Fellows:
- Demonstrated ability to conduct culturally responsive brief counseling and crisis intervention with a variety of mental health issues and client populations
- Demonstrated skills in professional consultation with mental health providers
- Demonstrated clinical experience in treating individuals & groups with mental health and interpersonal concerns
- Demonstrated skills in providing outreach and psycho-educational services
- Knowledge of developmental issues in university student populations
- Knowledge of applicable laws and ethics pertaining to mental health service provision
- Demonstrated multicultural competence
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member in an interdisciplinary environment
- Postmaster's Fellowship - the stipend for the full time position is $50,000, paid time off, health insurance, and other staff benefits
- Postdoctoral Fellowship - the stipend for the full-time position is $55,000, paid time off, health insurance, and other staff benefits