Global Competency Test
Welcome to the Global Competency Test (GCT).
What is the GCT?
- The GCT is a series of equivalent test forms that measure global competency.
- The GCT engages students with global issues: facts, relationships, and impacts.
- The GCT is sensitive to learning in relative to global curricular and co-curricular offerings.
Why the GCT?
- Does not rely on self-report or subjective estimates of global competency or knowledge.
- Allows students to engage with authentic global issues.
- Can be incorporated into a syllabus.
- Has multiple forms, appropriate for testing across multiple time points.
- Uses engaging original media to present information about global issues.
- Can incorporate up to 6 additional questions allowing for group comparisons.
Who needs the GCT?
- Institutions of higher education that have globally focused student learning outcomes in their curriculum.
- Programs or organizations that promote global skills.
- Courses or high impact practices with global learning goals.
The GCT model of Global Citizenship is comprised of a set of skills and attitudes that aid one in navigating a global society. View our model of Global Competency.
The GCT are a series of three tests, each taking about 35 minutes to complete and all measuring Knowledge, Analysis, and Synthesis.
If you are a USF student you will need your UID to sign in.
*University of South Florida Students will be rewarded with a Global Citizens Project t-shirt once they have completed one form of the GCT. Additional shirts are not available for students who choose to complete more than one version.