Global Achievement Awards
Thursday, November 21, 2019
Breakfast: 8:00 - 8:30 a.m.
Awards Program: 8:30 - 10:00 a.m.
Deadline to Submit Nominations: Friday, October 18, 2019
USF World is proud to sponsor the annual Global Achievement Awards Program. The Global Achievement Awards recognize the remarkable work of our faculty, staff, administrators and university organizations as together we raise the global reputation of the University of South Florida.
• The 2019 Global Achievement Awards acknowledge outstanding global contributions made during the 2018-19 academic calendar year (fall semester 2018, spring semester 2019 and summer semester 2019).
• Awards will be presented by USF President Steve Currall at the Global Achievement Award Breakfast on November 21, 2019. Please hold this date on your calendar; nominee, nominator, department chair, and dean will be invited to the November 21, 2019 breakfast.
• Awards will be given in each of four categories listed below:
Team Award presented for Global Achievement, Engagement and /or Support Services recognizing a USF office, center, lab, department or unit (Not intended for student organizations).
Individual Awards presented for Global Achievement, Engagement and /or Support Services
• USF Faculty Member - university employee serving in a research and /or teaching position
• USF Staff Member - university employee in a staff or administration category
• USF Administrator - senior university leader of a college, department, division, center or unit
• Individual applicant/nominee or team nominees must be currently employed USF faculty, staff or administration members of a USF office, department or unit
• Achievement(s) submitted for the award application must have been accomplished or formally recognized during the 2018-2019 academic calendar year.
• Nominations may be made by any member of the USF community who is familiar with the individual or team achievements. Applicants cannot self-nominate.
REVIEW CRITERIA MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Recognized global achievement(s), within the 2018-2019 academic calendar year
- Impact of the achievement(s) on the university community
- Uniqueness or significance of the global achievement(s)
- Opportunity for extending global systems/processes within the USF System as a result
of the initiative
- Implications for continued student success and impact on the global footprint of USF
Each application packet must include all of the following and be submitted on or before
Friday, October 18, 2019:
- Nomination form – including a 500-word maximum description of the applicant's contributions
or global achievement(s) during the 2018-2019 academic calendar year.
- Two letters of support (one page in length) from a USF employee and/or student describing the achievement(s) and discussing the significance of the contribution made by the nominee.
AWARD SUBMISSION PROCESS
The deadline to submit applications is: Friday, October 18, 2019
- Combine the Nomination Form and letters of support in a single PDF file and submit to email@example.com. Please include "2019 GAA" and the name of the nominee in the subject line.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Global Achievement Award Committee, composed
of selected staff from USF World.
- All individuals nominated will be invited and winners will be announced at the USF World Global Achievement Awards Breakfast on November 21, 2019.
Mary Cardenas, Executive Administrative Specialist for Dr. Roger Brindley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-974-1218