Global Achievement Awards
Deadline to Submit Nominations: Friday, October 19, 2018
2018 Nomination Form | DOWNLOAD HERE
USF World is proud to sponsor the annual Global Achievement Awards Program. The Global Achievement Awards recognize the remarkable work of our faculty, staff, administrators and university organizations as together we raise the global reputation of the University of South Florida.
• The 2018 Global Achievement Awards acknowledge outstanding global contributions made during the 2017-18 academic calendar year (fall semester 2017, spring semester 2018 and summer semester 2018).
• Awards will be presented by USF President Judy Genshaft at the Global Achievement Award Breakfast on November 15, 2018. Please hold this date on your calendar.
• All nominees whose nomination packets are received by the submission deadline and verified as complete will receive a Certificate of Recognition.
• Awards will be given in each of four categories listed below:
Group Award presented for Global Achievement, Engagement and /or Support Services recognizing a USF Office, Center, Team, Department or Unit (Not intended for student organizations)
Individual Awards presented for Global Achievement, Engagement and /or Support Services
• USF Faculty Member
• USF Staff Member
• USF Administrator
• Individual applicant/nominee or group nominees must be currently employed USF faculty, staff or administration members of a USF office, department or unit
• Achievement(s) submitted for the award application must have been accomplished or formally recognized during the 2017-2018 academic calendar year.
• Nominations may be made by any member of the USF community who is familiar with the individual or group achievements. Applicants cannot self-nominate.
REVIEW CRITERIA MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Recognized global achievement(s), within the 2017-2018 academic calendar year
• Impact of the achievement(s) on the university community
• Uniqueness or significance of the global achievement(s)
• Opportunity for extending global systems/processes within the USF System as a result of the initiative
• Implications for continued student success and impact on the global footprint of USF
Each application packet must include all of the following and be submitted on or before
Friday, October 19, 2018:
1. Nomination form – including a 500-word maximum description of the applicant's contributions or global achievement(s) during the 2017-2018 academic calendar year.
2. Two letters of support (one page in length) from a USF employee and/or student describing the achievement(s) and discussing the significance of the contribution made by the nominee.
AWARD SUBMISSION PROCESS
The deadline to submit applications is: Friday, October 19, 2018
• Combine the Nomination Form and letters of support in a single PDF file and submit to email@example.com. Please include a "2018GAA" and the name of the nominee in the subject line.
• Applications will be reviewed by the Global Achievement Award Committee, composed of selected staff from USF World.
• All individuals nominated will be invited and winners will be announced at the USF World Global Achievement Awards Breakfast on November 15, 2018.
Mary Cardenas, Executive Administrative Specialist for Dr. Roger Brindley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-974-1218