USF International Photo Competition
To celebrate diversity and promote cross-cultural understanding, USF World is proud to sponsor the annual International Photo Competition. This contest is designed to offer USF students, faculty, staff and alumni an opportunity to share their international experiences with the university.
Ashley Dixon, "Canyon de Rio Vero," Spain
Medina Karagic, "Crocodile Camouflage," Costa Rica
Anais Lozada, "Mama," Guatemala
Yulia Efremova, "The Ruins Of Zvartnots," Armenia
Cityscape Category Winner:
Yulia Efremova, "The Golden Domes Of Moscow," Russia
Abby Moon Roberts, "Sterling Statues," Scotland
Troy Kinder, "Gros Piton Viewed From Petit Piton," Saint Lucia
Anais Lozada, "Calle," Guatemala
Andrea Espina, "Living Off Of Art," Panama
Shannon Weikert, "Bulls (On The) Eye In London," England
Photographs submitted should capture an observation made or experience had while traveling outside the United States. Awards will be given in the following categories.
Landscape, Seascape, or Cityscape
- Photos must be of a landmark or landscape that is clearly identifiable as an international location.
- Photos should feature people living in the natural environment or culture of a foreign land.
- Students should wear USF regalia (i.e. t-shirt, cap, USF flag, etc.). Be creative, photos should be original and should highlight the best of the country visited. Dynamic/action photos encouraged. For example, a row of students in USF t-shirts eating fish and chips in London with Big Ben in the background. Think about photos that would look great as a magazine cover (and your photo just might end up on the cover of a USF magazine!)
- Judges are looking for photos that display exceptional artistic merit and provide an overall representation of the experience.
- All submissions received will be put on the USF World Facebook Page (check back on December 3). Students, faculty, staff and alumni can then vote on their favorite photo!
- Voting will be up from December 3, 2018 - December 17, 2018. You may vote for your own entry. One (1) vote equals one (1) point. You may also receive additional points for "shares" as follows: two (2) points per "share," up to two (2) shares per day. At the end of the voting period, the photo with the most total combined points will be named the "USF Favorite." All votes must be completed no later than December 17, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Photo Submission Deadline
Friday, November 30, 2018 by 5:00 p.m.
Photos must have been taken within the last 12 months
Photos may be cropped and minor hue/saturation or other adjustments are permitted
Photos may be submitted in black and white, sepia or duo tones
- Participants may submit up to ten photos
NO OTHER ALTERATIONS/EFFECTS ARE PERMITTED. The guidelines were set up so that participants don't Photoshop or alter the images, essentially we don't want a fabrication. We ask that you don't adjust the images so that they don't depict the original shot - for example, if you took a shot with a gray sky don't adjust the sky color to blue. We get a lot of questions about this every year, please obey the spirit of the rule and don't alter your photos.
What You Need to Submit
Entries will not be accepted without:
- One signed USF World photo application per photo
- A high-resolution digital copy emailed to email@example.com with the subject line "International Photo Competition Submission." Please make sure
the photos are named as detailed below, each photo submitted must be named like the following:
First name Last name_TitleOfPhoto_CityCountry_18.
- A printed copy of the photo (Any printed copy and size will do; be mindful the judges will use this copy to choose the winners.)
Winning Photographs & Prizes
Winners will be announced at the conclusion of International Education Month.
The Grand Prize winner will receive a USF World prize bag that contains several items including a USF sweatshirt, a USF t-shirt, and other USF memorabilia. The winner of each category will receive a USF sweatshirt, and the runners-up of each category will receive a USF t-shirt. Additionally, the winning photos may be framed and displayed throughout USF World's office. In years past the winning photos have been featured in USF magazine and on the USF home page.