Stay tuned for updated video for upcoming semester
IMORTANT: If the counselor does not submit Dual Enrollment Approval FORM 2, the student will be DROPPED from their course after registration.
RE-APPLY or UPDATE your application if you applied for a semester and did not attend, or if you have not attended for more than two USF semesters (ex: spring-summer, summer-fall, fall-spring) You must RE-APPLY! NEW Students must submit FORM 1 to avoid being dropped after registration.
What First-Time "New" Dual Enrollment Students Only Must Do:
- Before starting this application process, please read all the information below.
- The application must be completed on a laptop or a desktop computer using Google Chrome (DO NOT USE YOUR CELL PHONE).
- Students who need to register for tests at USF Tampa testing center must have a USF U number (U#) for the USF testing center (Complete the Non-Degree Application below and Activate your NetID to receive your U Number via your USF email).
- Note: There is no summer program available.
- Parents and Students should fill out the High School Dual Enrollment Non Degree Seeking application together. The application must be completed on a laptop or a desktop computer using Google Chrome (DO NOT USE YOUR CELL PHONE). Parents/Guardians will assit the student with Residency, Immunizations and the medical history form.
- Students must enter the name of their high school or that they are homeschooled to be considered for dual enrollment. They must also provide their high school graduation date on the application.
- Students will select the Semester, Fall (August Course) or Spring (January Course); then select their USF Home Campus. AVOID MISTAKE: Make sure to select the semester (not summer) that you plan to take dual enrollment courses-either in August (Fall) or Spring (January).
- IMPORTANT: DO NOT Check Discipline or Misconduct or YES, unless you have done something illegal; school discipline referrals do not count unless the SRO was involved.
- On the last screen of the application, when asked to pay, just close the screen and your application will be processed and fees waived. DO NOT PAY! Just close your browser.
- Dual Enrollment applicants must establish residency by the same process as all applicants, please work with your parents or guardians when filling out the "Non-Degree Seeking" online application above. If taking online courses only, immunizations are not needed.
- The application process is initiated by completing the online USF “Non Degree Seeking” Application, as a High School Dual Enrollment student.
- Students, you must set up your NetID (USF email) 2-3 days after applying. Do this by using the same email used on the application or use your U Number. USF communications will only be sent to students' USF email account. Activation of Student NetID is found here. Having trouble? Chat:https://itchat.usf.edu
- Once the NetID is established, students will have their USF U# and provide it to their counselor. Parents / Students / Counselors or / administrators can submit the Dual Enrollment Informational Approval Form 1 for any students that are new to dual enrollment.
- Students will use OASIS found under MyUSF at the top of the USF Homepage to look up courses they are considering for dual enrollment. They must have a course prefix, a course number and the five (5) digit CRN# for each course to be reviewed with their counselor, so that their counselors/administrators can submit Dual Enrollment Approval Form 2 for registration. Click here for a tutorial on how to look up courses in OASIS.
- Students must fill in the Student Course Planning Sheet before meeting with their counselor / administrator / homeschool parent who will fill out Dual Enrollment Approval Form 2.
- Counselors/Homeschool Parent /Administrators must approve courses selected by the student (with parent(s), who will provide the counselor course information to include prefix, number, title, and CRNs for online or at a USF Campus course. For all students taking courses on their high school campus, no CRN is required.
- For Public High School Campuses: USF only allows students to register and take up four (4) courses on a participating high school campus. Once the student reaches four (4) courses at their participating high school they can continue dual enrollment courses online or at a USF Campus. Students are allowed to take any modality combination such as, a high school campus course, USF online course, or a USF Campus course while dual enrolled. They do not have to wait until the four (4) courses on their high school campus are completed, they may add modalities as needed for their high school graduation requirements.
- Per USF Policy 33-002, it is mandatory for dual enrolled high school non degree-seeking students to submit all required immunization documentation and sign the official Medical History Form prior to course registration. A hold preventing registration will remain on your account until you have fulfilled the requirements listed on Immunization Compliance Overview page. https://www.usf.edu/student-affairs/student-health-services/immunizations/non-degree-seeking-students.aspx
- For a medical history form click here. (Print, scan, and upload required for all students under 18)
- You may submit/upload your documents via Web Submission. For a guide on electronically acknowledging and removing IM and MH holds via OASIS for student 18 and over, click here.
- The Early University Programs cannot solve immunization issues, students and parents must contact Student Health Services by phone at 813-974-4056 or by Fax at 813-974-5888. For tips on filling out the Medical History Form, click here. IMPORTANT: If you are under 16 or are declining the meningitis vaccine you must check the box and both minor and parent must sign the form. All forms do require signatures from both the minor and the parent. (Print, scan, and upload required for students under 18) For more information and web submission click here.
- For Medical or Religious Immunization Exemptions please contact Student Health Services by phone at 813-974-4056 or by Fax at 813-974-5888.
- NOTE: Students under 18 years of age must submit Medical History Form by web submission, and cannot sign on DocuSign.
- CHECKLIST for STUDENTS for all these steps is available in FORMS.
What the School Counselor/Homeschool Parent Administrators Must Do:
- Remind students that have been away for more than 2 semesters (Including our USF summer session) that they must update or reapply for a new non-degree application by completing the online USF Dual Enrollment High School “Non Degree Seeking” Application (link above), students select the High school Dual Enrollment student from the dropdown window. The students should use Google Chrome on a laptop or desk top computer, and not their cell phone to complete this task. (NOT TO USE THEIR CELL PHONE). Students must enter the name of their high school and chose Fall (August Course) or Spring (January Course); then select their USF Home Campus.
- Advise students who wish to sign up for a test at the USF testing center, that they must have filled out a High School Dual Enrollment non-degree application. The testing center requires a USF U number (U#) to register for a test.
- Students will assist their counselor by providing their U number, course names and CRNs for approval if students are taking an online or USF Campus course. CRNs are not necessary for courses being taken on a high school campus.
- Dual Enrollment Approval Form 2 MUST be submitted by the counselor or the student WILL BE DROPPED after registration.
- Counselor will verify the the student’s standardized test score and GPA from the student's high school transcript to meet the requirements for admission, and verify the student’s overall readiness for academic success in college-level courses on Dual Enrollment Approval Form 2. Counselors /Administrators can document submission by saving a copy of the submitted Dual Enrollment Approval Form 2 to their computer or print the confirmation for their records.
- After reviewing and approving the courses with the student, the school Counselor/ Homeschool Parent /Administrator will submit a completed Dual Enrollment Approval Form 2. (Reminder: ENC 1101 and 1102 are only offered on a high school campus. They not available for USF online or at USF campuses). Dual Enrollment Approval Form 2 needs to be completed each semester, one for Fall (August), and one for Spring (January). There must be a CRN# for USF online and USF Campus courses (5 digit number) that the student provides. Please save a copy of the submission of Dual Enrollment Approval Form 2 to your computer or print your confirmation for your records. Students are not actually registered until 2-3 weeks before classes begin. It is best that sutdents select alternate courses in case their top choices are full at the time of registration. A full inventory of USF courses, with prerequisites is available on the left side menu under Selecting Courses and Registration.
- For all students taking courses on their high school campus, no CRN is required. Registration will occur for the fall in July and for the Spring in December. Deadlines for Dual Enrollment Approval Form 2 are June 15 and November 15 respectively.
- For Public High School Campuses: USF only allows students to register and take four (4) courses on a participating high school campus. Once the student reaches four (4) courses at their participating high school they can continue dual enrollment online or at a USF Campus. Students are allowed to take any modality combination such as, a high school campus course, USF online course, or a USF Campus course while dual enrolled. They do not have to wait until the four (4) courses on their high school campus are completed, they may add modalities as needed for their high school graduation requirements.
- Only Homeschool Administrators/Parents (Not Private, Public, or Public Charter) are required to fill out the transcript form. Click here for the form, and then submit the completed form via email to: email@example.com Please include the letters DE and the student U# in the subject line of the email.
- Private Schools and Homeschools: Assist students in obtaining unofficial high school transcripts and unofficial test scores that are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org this is to facilitate processing while official test scores are being sent from the testing company to USF (that usually takes 3-5 weeks to arrive). ACT Code
- Public schools: Have students request their ACT, SAT, and/or CPT test scores be sent to USF. (usually takes 3-5 weeks to arrive).
- Public Schools: USF will verify your approval of a PERT score through the FLDOE Respository. For questions or concerns send inquires to the Program office: email@example.com. All other official test scores are to be sent to USF directly from the testing company.
- Remind students to take the Canvas tutorial / orientation once they have access to the Learning Platform.
- Note: Dual Enrollment Approval Form 2 must be submitted by the school Counselor/ Homeschool Parent /administrator every semester (one for fall and one for spring, do not combine semesters). Please save a copy of the submission to your computer or print your confirmation for your records.
- Remind instructors at the high school campus they need to post attendance the first day of the course to avoid drops and communicate any errors. Dual Enrollment Approval Form 2 submissions is what is processed for registration. Instructors on a high school campus can run rosters from Canvas that can be compared to the distrcit's gradebook to find errors. Errors need to be reported within the first week of the course to the EUP Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- REMIND Students they must log into Canvas the day before or on the first class meeting to ensure the course is available in Canvas. If not, the student must be added. After Drop/Add week, students cannot be added or dropped from registered classes.
- Remind instructors at high school based campuses that mid-term grades and finals must be entered into Canvas by the due dates, not at the end of the high school semester. Calendars may be different.
- Remind or facilitate in helping students clear holds. Guide to Clear Immunization Holds is located here and can be printed as a handout: https://www.usf.edu/student-affairs/student-health-services/documents/20-21-im-mh-hold-instructions-april2020.pdf
- CHECKLIST FOR COUNSELORS/Hm Admin is avaialbe in FORMS.
Student Course Registration
Students must review the self-registrtion tutorial. For the tutorial on self-registration see video here: How to register and search your schedule on Oasis . Oasis is located on the upper right side of the USF homepage under MyUSF.
Students who are approved for and plan to take a USF online or USF Campus course must Register themselves when the Non-degree seeking registration window opens.
Students taking USF courses on their high school campus do not have to self-register their high school campus course, they will only have to register the online or USF Campus courses that their counselor approved.
Fall Registration: Late July or Early August.
Spring Registration: Late November or Early December.
Check important dates to know when to register for non-degree courses.
Students taking USF courses at their high school do not have to register their high school campus course. Approximately 2-3 weeks before the semester begins, USF administrative staff will courtesy register students who are taking classes on their high school campus based on Dual Enrollment Approval Form 2 that was submitted by their high school counselor.
- ALL STUDENTS MUST ATTEND / LOG IN ONLINE TO THE COURSE IN CANVAS THE FIRST DAY THE COURSE MEETS and receive attendance from their instructor in CANVAS. If not marked present, the student will be dropped from the course. Always post a hello in the online courses so that the instructor knows you are there. (MAKE CONTACT WITH YOUR INSTRUCTOR / TEACHER).
- The school Counselor/Homeschool Parent /Administrator will be notified after registration has been completed through the email they provided in Dual Enrollment Approval Form 2.
- Students must log into Canvas the day before or on the first class meeting to ensure the course is available in Canvas. If not, the student must be added. After Drop/Add week, students cannot be added or dropped from registered classes.
- It is not required and it is not covered by dual enrollment, but students taking classes on a USF campus, may find it helpful to have a USF ID card and parking pass. NOTE: Dual Enrollment DOES NOT COVER these expenses.
- Students who are graduating, if their district requires, will need to order offical transcripts to be sent from USF to their high school registrar to reverse credits and award high school credits for their diploma. This expense is not covered by Dual Enrollment.