Early AdmissionAt the University of South Florida, we recognize that some students want to start the next step of their academic career early. Coordinated by and housed in the Honors College, USF provides an Early Admission program to meet the needs of highly capable, mature high school students. Under the Early Admission program you may enter the University of South Florida (Tampa) as a regularly enrolled (matriculated), degree-seeking student prior to graduation from high school.
Early Admission applicants must meet minimum Honors College eligibility criteria (see Honors College admission requirements). We limit participation in the Early Admission program to students who have completed a minimum of six semesters of full-time secondary enrollment, including studies undertaken in the ninth grade. In addition, Early Admission applicants should be enrolled in a strong college preparatory curriculum.
In accordance with Florida statutes (F.S. 1007.271 §10), students who are enrolled
in the Early Admission program must enroll in at least 12 credits per semester and
must take courses that are creditable toward the high school diploma and the associate
or baccalaureate degree.
Early Admission students are not provided financial aid (e.g., Admissions scholarships, Federal Grants, etc.) until the first year post-high school. As participants in a Dual Enrollment program under Florida statutes (F.S. 1007.271), Early Admission students have tuition and instructional materials covered by the student's school district. This does not include some fees (e.g., ID, transcripts, parking, etc.) nor does it include room and board; these costs are the responsibility of the student.
Early Admission students are typically offered financial aid in April of their first-year at USF for subsequent years; should a student decide to attend another college, they will receive a funding package according to that school's timeline.
For more information please contact Arnaldo Mejias, Early Admission Coordinator, at:
- Fall Semester: All documents including qualifying test scores must be received by
- Note: Early Admission is only available starting in the Fall semester.
Applicants who wish to be accepted as Early Admission students must:
- Have completed the equivalent of the junior year of high school, requiring only one more year to complete requirements for the high school diploma;
- Be eligible for Honors College admissions automatically or, at minimum, by application;
- Meet regular USF admission criteria for degree-seeking undergraduate students;
- A personal interview with the Early Admission Coordinator may be required;
- Submit the following:
- A completed Application for Admission and $30 non-refundable application fee; Application for Admission
- By Mail:
- A personal letter outlining reasons for seeking Early Admission;
- A signed Authorization Form C - Early Admission to College available from the high school showing courses needed for high school graduation;
- Home-schooled students must also submit an official copy of their Letter of Intent with the student's home school district and an agreement provided by our office;
- Private students must also submit proof that their school is an SACS certified school.
- Statement of Legal Compliance— Private School Only
- Immunization Form— Mandatory
- Completed Supplemental Forms should be mailed to:
- The Honors College
- Attn: Arnaldo Mejias
- University of South Florida
- 4202 E. Fowler Ave., ALN 241
- Tampa, FL 33620
Mr. Arnie Mejias is available for live questions from 8:30 a.m. until 12 p.m. on Thursday mornings (unless otherwise noted) via Facebook (as "Arnaldo Mejias" with the Honors College logo as his icon) and Skype.