3+3 Bachelor’s/J.D. Program
In partnership with Stetson University College of Law (SUCL), the USF Judy Genshaft Honors College is proud to offer an accelerated pathway to a law degree for students enrolled in the Honors College. This 3+3 Bachelor’s/J.D. Program allows eligible students to use their first year law courses at SUCL to count as the fourth year of elective requirements for their bachelor's degree at USF. Students will graduate from USF at the end of their fourth year and proceed into the second year of law school.
- Students must be admitted to the Judy Genshaft Honors College.
- Provide notice to the Judy Genshaft Honors College of intent to apply for the 3+3 Bachelor’s/J.D. Program on or before September 1 of the year prior to the intended matriculation date at the College of Law (generally at the beginning of the student's junior year).
- Complete at least 89 credits in the undergraduate curriculum before matriculating at the College of Law; of these credits, at least 45 must be completed at USF.
- Be eligible for graduation from USF no later than 4 years after first matriculating at USF, when courses from the first year of study at the College of Law are applied to the student’s academic record, per the equivalency table adopted and approved by the USF Undergraduate Studies Council.
- Earn a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.5 in courses taken at USF as of the date of application to the College of Law ("the application date").
- On or before the application date, earn a minimum score on the LSAT in the 75th percentile of the most recent class to matriculate at the College of Law.
- Receive the written recommendation of the Dean of the Judy Genshaft Honors College no later than December 1 in the academic year before the student intends to begin J.D. study.
- Apply to the SUCL for admission into the full-time J.D. program between October 1 and January 15 in the academic year before the student intends to begin J.D. study.
- Meet the SUCL character and fitness requirements and comply with the College of Law's general admissions policies.
- Participate in the College of Law's Academic Success Workshop during the student's first year of law school.
BENEFITS FOR STUDENTS ENROLLED IN THE 3+3 BACHELOR’S/J.D. PROGRAM
Students admitted into the Stetson University College of Law under the 3+3 Bachelor’s/J.D. Program will automatically receive a scholarship, renewable for the second and third years of law school subject to the College of Law’s academic scholarship requirements.
|LSAT Score||Cumulative GPA||Anticipated Scholarship|
|Prior year top 10%||Prior year top 10%||At least 75% tuition per year|
|Prior year 75th percentile||Prior year 75th percentile||At least 50% tuition per year|
In addition, students will receive a book stipend for their first year books, up to
$1,500, redeemable at the Stetson University College of Law bookstore.
Students admitted under the 3+3 Bachelor’s/J.D. Program will be assigned a faculty mentor to assist during the period from admission to matriculation at the College of Law.
4+3 DIRECT ADMISSION PROGRAM
In addition to the accelerated program, Stetson University College of Law offers a 4+3 Direct Admission Program available to all USF students. More details about this program can be found here.
ABOUT STETSON UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF LAW
Stetson University College of Law, Florida’s first law school, has prepared lawyers and leaders since 1900. Today, Stetson leads the nation in blending legal doctrine with practical training, evidenced by its top-ranked programs in advocacy and legal writing. Through an academically rigorous curriculum and commitment to social responsibility, Stetson lawyers are ethical advocates ready to succeed in the legal profession. Learn more at www.stetson.edu/law.
3+3 BACHELOR'S/J.D. PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Students interested in pursuing this option should email the Stetson Law contact within the Judy Genshaft Honors College on their campus:
|Megan Braunstein Academic Advisor||Dr. Thomas Smith