Living Learning Communities by Interest
Live and learn in this inclusive community where LGBTQ+ and allied students can find and create an environment of awareness, respect, and advocacy for all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Located In: Beacon Hall (Suite Style Rooms)
Open To: All students
Benefits of membership
- Provide peer support among individuals who understand what LGBTQ+ students experience on college campuses.
- Share and encourage leadership opportunities to students, such as joining LGBTQ+ student organizations and submitting conference proposals.
- Greater opportunity for academic success by sharing resources available to students both on- and off-campus.
- Receive information about scholarships and awards available to students.
- Connect and engage with LGBTQ+ students, staff, and faculty in the Residence Hall in an intentional and frequent manner.
To gain admission to an LLC, you will need to complete an online LLC program application (in addition to the general USF housing application) and be admitted into the LLC program.
When completing an LLC program application that requires longer responses, we recommend typing into a Microsoft Word document that you can save and refer back to if you have any complications. Once you submit an application, a confirmation page should appear. You will also receive a confirmation email in your USF email account. If you do not receive these confirmations, please contact email@example.com, as your application was not received.
LLC Admission Decisions
Once received, your application will be reviewed by the appropriate LLC for a decision on admission. You will be notified via your USF email account regarding your LLC admission status. Each LLC has its own review timeline, but most programs will review applications and begin making application decisions by early March. Admission decisions are for one academic year. Students wishing to return to their LLC for an additional year should contact their program coordinator for specific instructions.
If you are admitted to an LLC, you will automatically be assigned into that community. If you do not meet the eligibility requirements, or the LLC has reached capacity, your housing assignment will be based on the preferences in your general housing application.
If at any point you wish to withdraw an application, or for questions regarding the general housing application, meal plans, payment information, etc., please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-974-0001.