Attendance & Leave
Faculty, Administration and Staff employees enjoy nine paid holidays as listed below. Additionally, the President may approve floating holidays each calendar year that are announced at a later date. While most offices will close, there will be exceptions due to the nature of work performed. These decisions are made by the Vice Presidents and Deans on a case-by-case basis.
Although most Temporary employees are not eligible to be paid for these days off, the following employee groups are paid for holidays:
- Professional, salaried Temporary.
- Salaried Graduate Assistants/Associates covered by the collective bargaining agreement.
- Adjunct faculty who are working their regularly required work schedule.
Regular Staff employees who have successfully completed their probationary period are eligible for one personal holiday each year. Click here to view Personal Holiday FAQs for change to the calendar year effective 7/1/21.
2021 PAID HOLIDAYS
- New Year's Day (Friday, January 1)
- Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday (Monday, January 18)
- Memorial Day (Monday, May 31)
- Independence Day (Monday, July 5)
- Labor Day (Monday, September 6)
- Veteran's Day (Thursday, November 11)
- Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 25)
- Day after Thanksgiving (Friday, November 26)
- Christmas Day (Friday, December 24)
- New Year's Day 2022 (Friday, December 31)
2021 FLOATING HOLIDAYS
2021 ADDITIONAL WINTER BREAK HOLIDAYS
If a holiday falls on a Saturday, the holiday is observed on Friday; if a holiday falls on a Sunday, the holiday is observed on Monday.
- Holiday scheduling for Clinical Faculty at USF Health *Clinical Schedule may differ. Employees should consult with their immediate supervisor.
- Refer to the A&L Guide for Employees for Holiday Hours/Pay, Staff Personal Holidays, and Observance of Religious Holy Days.